Chelsea

Well hes lost the clubs best player and not been able to sign anyone. Going to get a lot of slack off that really.

2 Likes

Lampard has that job to start with because nobody else wants it and expectations are at an all time low since Abramovich took over.

TBH the scoreline flattered United but Chelsea’s defense, which is usually a strength looked suspect

1 Like

Can’t be using hard luck stories when you lose 4 0. Weakness in that defence Zouma being a major one. Abraham’s won’t cut it up top either.

Rudiger is pretty close to a return. Not that that will solve all their problems, mind, but it’ll certainly help.

2 Likes

source%20(1)

1 Like

Despite all the reputation that position has it will always have the appeal of managing a big club in the Prem and London, having good locker of youth talent, high wages and the financial backing of Roman.

1 Like

At the moment nobody wants it because the transfer and wage budgets count for nothing.

There isn’t really any evidence to say that nobody wants it though. They identified Lampard as their guy at some point last season and no one else came into the equation.

Their first choice was an inexperienced championship manager whose most notable achievement was nearly getting promoted?

1 Like

Also a former legend and their record goalscorer. Yes.

There’s clearly more at play to the decision to appoint him than his experience.

2 Likes

I think that speaks to a club whose options are no longer as wide as they were.

In any case, it’s working out marvellously so far

1 Like

It’s one game in, way too early to make any judgements.

If anything top players will have more respect for the likes of Zidane and Lampard who’ve won nearly everything in the game than managers who haven’t.

Yeah, well early at the moment. And I think their fans will cut Frank a bit more slack than some - but for how long? Whether the Russian will be as accommodating, I’m not sure.

They’re well aware they’re fighting with one hand tied behind their back at the moment, so to speak, so I think that as long as they don’t fall into relegation territory, and they won’t, their fans are pretty well resigned to what will be, for them, a mediocre season.

Myself, I’d hope for more than one season.:wink:

Going by the nonsense fine at city they could maybe win their appeal for the ban to be lifted at January now.
Markets harder but still it could help them.

1 Like

Why is the fine nonsense? What would be the sanction you would have imposed on City?

Complete dismantling of the club

3 Likes

This wasn’t the major FFP case against Man City. That is still ongoing,

1 Like

Complete dismantling of the club

1 Like

Or force them to play in the SPL would be quite funny