Chelsea

Sarri is easily the most likeable thing about Chelsea. Hope he fucks off to somewhere he is appreciated

To be fair to Sarri he took over a Chelsea team that had previously undermined two of Europeā€™s top managers, Mourinho and Conte, and has turned round his season to get to two finals, winning one of them, and then getting third place above Man U, spurs and us.

If he had any sense he would leave.
Without Hazard they would struggle to finish above us, and they also have a transfer ban.
Iā€™m sure there are plenty of other clubs looking for a manager that would be interested in him.

well at least Chelsea wont have Hazard next season and they have a transfer ban, thatā€™s what Iā€™m going to take out of them beating us yesterday

1 Like

:eyes:

Thatā€™s the type of owner we need.
Abramovich has just sacked a manager that took over a bunch of players that got the previous two top quality managers sacked.
Who got to two finals, winning a European trophy and got third place ahead of Man U, spurs and us.

He might be ruthless but at least Abramovich goes to most games and knows who the players are.
He is also willing to put his money into his club because he has what Kroenke lacks.
Ambition.

So itā€™s ambitious to sack a manager thatā€™s doing well? To bring in who? Frank Lampard?

He is also unpredictableā€¦ their net spend has tailed off a lot as he grows boredā€¦ not to mention he is a thug and murderer.

I wouldnt aspire to emulate anything thats going on at Ruzki Mafia Fc.

Chelsea`s model is only succesful is huge investents in players are being made every season.

As seen in the latest years, Their spending capacity has decreased massively.

They are now signing the girouds, zappacostas, Barkleys and Drinkwaters.

Now when Hazard is leving the only way is DOWN for this lot.

We could have cemented that by getting top 4 and making sure we beat them in Europa.

But weā€™re an even bigger group of thunder cunts than these lot.

Right now thereā€™s no club I hate more than Arsenal.

1 Like

I would take Sarri here tbh. Chelsea play some great football under him

3 Likes

I definitely think Sarri would do better than Emery, but he is headed to Juventus to automatically win the title for the next 5 years in a row.

So is our owner, the difference is that he does it to elephants, then films it, and then makes a TV show out of it.

But Iā€™m sure under that wig and moustache he is a very nice chap.

Abramovich is responsible for creating an environment where players donā€™t play for the manager and purposely get the manager sacked time and again. They should have won far more with what they invested really

Not sure that is a fair representation, but obviously people want to make Kroenke out to be the worst thing it the worldā€¦ I think you probably donā€™t believe there is even remotely equivalence in what you just said nor do you actually think that Abramovich and Kroenke are comparable, but whatever.

This has become a religious argument at this point. For me, it is simpleā€¦ he hasnā€™t really changed our policies or philosophy of spending and as we have made more money, we spend more - a LOT more.

His worst crime to me was letting big Weng stay on too long. And I would remind people again, he literally took FULL control of AFC in terms of total ownership in 2018ā€¦ while he was in full control from a decision-standpoint but not ownership, there was zero chance a partial owner would be throwing his own money away to make us a loss-making entity.

This boils down to 2 things: people want an emotionally connected fan owner like Mike Ashley AND they want an owner that makes us loss-making. The first issue is irrelevant to me as I personally havenā€™t seen that as a factor that leads to success in sport and the second issue I am honestly ambivalent about - in many ways I really love it about AFC that we are self-sustaining.

1 Like

Ashley is worse than Kroenke.
All he is emotionally connected to is money.
He couldnā€™t care less about Newcastle and all the standing in the stands pretending he was some sort of Geordie, didnā€™t fool anyone.

There have been so many situations where we were absolutely desperate for one or two players that would have made the difference and Kroenke stood by and watched us fail.
Or transfer windows that were so underwhelming you would have thought we were a Championship side.

How are we one of the most profitable clubs in Europe yet only have a transfer budget of 40m?
If self sustaining means we have to watch this dross every season, then we might as well have stayed at Highbury.

Since Kroenke bought us we have been on a downward curve and he has no other interest in the club other than to make money.
They are just facts.
Heā€™s not here because he loves the club or even the game, he is purely here to make a profit.

There was one transfer window where we spent 90m, other than that we have spent no where near what most of our rivals have spent.

I bet even spurs are more ambitious than us in this transfer window and they have a new stadium to pay for.
Whatā€™s our excuse?

Usmanov suggested both owners putting funds into the squad though. Kroenke didnā€™t want to invest in us and never will.

Kroenke hasnā€™t even ever let us invest the money weā€™ve made. Heā€™s had us summount 250m or so in the bank, which he wouldnā€™t let us spend.

So no we arenā€™t just self sustainable, weā€™re a profiteering venture for a parsite.

Arsenal FC would have been in a far better position if Kroenke never got on our board.

2 Likes

But it will be self-sustaining at a lower level on the table. Top 4 is gone without major investment (from somewhere) or getting lucky and catching a couple of youth players that explode into superstars.

Yeah like I said, I am ambivalent about itā€¦ reality is though, we spend more than most people give credit toā€¦ and our financial might has been improving. Spurs basically donā€™t spend anything and are on par with us or above us atm.

No doubtā€”exhibits A & B was whiffing with 70 million (!) on Xhaka and Mustafi.

The calamity twins were painful misses.

Arsenal certainly canā€™t afford to waste what funds are available.

Fingers crossed that Raul and co work their magic this summer.

1 Like