Chelsea

Amazing how playing a simple friendly has led to an injury so bad, it puts a player out for a year :grimacing: Agree with what’s been said above, you question why on earth you have a game like this now. Why not wait until after the final? I suppose to be fair to Chelsea, this may’ve been arranged months ago, before they got near booking a Europa League final, and might’ve been no way of delaying or postponing it, I don’t know.

Mind you we had that random friendly two months ago in Dubai, as a sorta mini break between our empty fixture list, but I don’t recall too much fuss being made about that :sweat_smile:

I have this overwhelming feeling that I agree, MM. :slight_smile:

I agree.
Who cares that Chelsea can’t buy their way out of trouble.
It’s buying their way out of trouble that has got themselves into this mess and they got a transfer ban for it.

They’ll still be alright next season anyway, they’ve got about four hundred players on loan all round Europe, so I’m sure the’ll muddle through.

I can’t wait until Abramovich has had enough and they go back to where they and their supporters deserve, mid table, or lower.

1 Like

Problem is someone even wealthier wants the bastards so if anything its abramovich is holding them back at the moment!

Sarri possibly to Juventus. Lampard seems Chelsea-bound if that would happen. Not sure that’s good or bad tbh.

Probably not the best idea for Lampard to manage Chelsea at this stage in his managerial career, if Derby get promoted this season and then he can get premiership experience with them first

But on the other hand he has basically no pressure to perform next season because of the transfer ban and can ease into the job.

1 Like

would he want to leave Derby after his hard work this season? He’s a Chelsea legend and I’m sure they would welcome him anytime in the future

I think Lampard has enough PL experience, so he’s not going to be unaware of what it takes to win at that level. If he proves he can coach (as he seems to be doing) I don’t think it’d be a big issue for him.

He’s probably lucky that he’s worked with a lot of coaches in his career too and played for demanding clubs.

Good point on the transfer ban too, which I’m sure would work for him. He won’t be blamed for bad business and he’ll get a free pass for some bad performances because he’s not getting the backing or players he needs. If he walks into a Chelsea team that’s just replaced Hazard with Pulisic I don’t think anyone is expecting miracles.

Then again if his job is to come in and muddle along for a couple of years until the ban ends and not really do much then they may as well just stick with Sarri.

The Chelsea fans I know don’t want him as their manager. They said it’s because they like him too much :laughing:

5 Likes

Good point though. The chances of him being anything more than a forgettable Chelsea manager who’s sacked in 2 seasons are probably pretty low.

I wonder if in the days of player power, ex top players get more respect and less fucking about from players who wouldn’t be good enough to tie their laces.

You’ve got the likes of Etoo taking the piss out of Guardiola saying he isn’t a great player like Etoo himself

But Zidane can say to any player, I’m the best that’s done it, this is how you control a ball, I’ve won the World Cup and Champions League btw

Lampard and Scholskear can say ‘I played and won a Champions League, this is how you do it…’

It all carries weight.

just seen on ssn that Giroud is extending his contract at Chelsea for another year, probably because of the transfer ban because I thought he was leaving

:moneybag:

See ya, don’t let the door smash you on the way out!

Absolutely world class player.

Top top player. Carried them more than RvP did us.

Whatever we think of this lot their the polar opposite to us. Serial fucking winners and all this were bigger than them shit, means fuck all really.
Its about relevance and in a poor season they manage a performance like that. Then there is us. . .a study in abject mediocrity.

3 Likes

Yep, even when they’re shit they win trophies. Definitely envy them for that

3 Likes
4 Likes