Chelsea

I did about ten seconds before realising that I don’t even wanna hear the bloke speak, even when his whinge is going to finally be something I can get behind lol

5 Likes

They’ve spent about 450m and have still got Havertz and our reject playing upfront for them. :grinning:

1 Like

Sterling will probably already have retired by the time Mudryk’s contract is over. Madness.

1 Like

I don’t see how they can make this big sqaud work

Hope it all goes tits up

8 Likes

Chelsea don’t deserve to be challenging in the next few seasons, hope a few of the big money transfers flop and they get stuck with them on big wages and can’t move them on

4 Likes

They’ll almost have to have a fire sale if they miss Europe.

There are 39 players listed there. Few under 21 but they are gonna have to leave some out of the 25 surely?

1 Like

Fucking hell, I just saw that on Twitter too.

They’re cheekily adding the players that are loaned but still, their squad is genuinely massive and it isn’t just number wise look at the names for the alternatives. Auba and Lukaku as 4th and 5th choice. I’ve just remembered they have Sterling too.

There is no chance this won’t come to bite them in the ass eventually. They must be in desperate need to get CL to keep the books clean.

Potter is going to have a very difficult job keeping players happy. Not nearly enough minutes to go around, some huge egos involved, and the club not helping matters by fucking up loans for players like Ziyech.

Clubs will surely notice and lowball the fuck out of Chelsea on outgoing transfers this summer. Other than maybe Gallagher, the players they want to sell aren’t so attractive that buyers will feel they really need that particular player and want to stump up market price. For most of these players, clubs are going to offer loan deals or make poverty bids and see what happens.

Under the new UEFA regulations, the loan limit will drop to 7 next year, so its not like they can loan them all in the end either.

2 Likes

The older high earners at the club, who are near the end of their contract, are going to be very difficult to sell but going by the sort of money Chelsea have spent, they don’t seem that bothered anyway.

2 Likes

So question….

Are they going to be title contenders next season ?

Or take 12-18 months to gel ?

I honestly don’t think they will full stop.

They have a headless chicken of a manager in there now. A foreign manager coming in would take time to settle. Time that Chelsea (Boehly) doesn’t have.

The one thing I hope may happen in the meantime is an FFP investigation into their buying practices. It all seems a bit dodgy.

1 Like

will probably sign another 12-18 players

Unfortunately, that investigation would be toothless. FFP doesn’t exist.

Dodgy contract lengths allowing them to amortize over much longer periods is pretty sketchy as well.

3 Likes

Really don’t think that squad is amazing, still lacking in some key areas and questions over some guys like Sterling. Think they are still lacking a DM and a striker but they will probably throw 250m at those issues in the summer.

3 Likes

I don’t know if they will be but that should be the expectation on Potter. If you spend 700m on an already top 3 side you should be competing for the title.

2 Likes

Chelsea Shopping Centre, coming to you summer 2023. :rofl:

These guys underestimated how tough it is to move on players. They’ll have to accept some really bad offers now just to get players off the books or reach a mutual termination with some.

Their supporters on reddit are typing out delusional lists of outgoings and mooted fees. Ain’t nobody paying you big money for Pulisic or Havertz, Mount or any of their other schlubs.

3 Likes

Some idiot will pay 50m for havertz.

Pulisic 15m
Havertz 50m
Ziyech 10m
Cho 15m - someone like saints or another dumbass club will do it because he’s English
Gallagher - 35m
Lukaku - 20m
RLC - 10m
Bakayoko - 5m
Sarr - 15m
Ampadu - 20m

Almost 200m give or take just by clearing some trash. Cheating bastards they are but they’ll get stupid fees like usual.

2 Likes