Chelsea

Same as when it was the united/spurs question…Chelsea need the money less than spurs so I don’t want spurs getting the CL money under any circumstances

2 Likes

Chelsea next season won’t be the Roman Chelsea.
Starting next season out of CL could begin their process of going back to their true level.

Their revenue, stadium issues and global branding will start catching up to them.

Or at least we should hope so

2 Likes

If Spurs finish in the top 4 then I think Conte stays and they spend money in the summer and I don’t want either of those to happen.

So for that reason, even if it means I lose £100 in the process, is simply much rather Spurs finished 5th

7 Likes

I dunno man I think another season out of CL is more damaging to Spurs over Chelsea

1 Like

Can’t see how we both catch Chelsea anyway.

Spurs would pretty much have to win out and that means we drop minimum 3 points. Chelsea need to drop another 7 then.

It’s just whether they’re third or fourth.

That is more likely to happen than my scenario, especially if an offer comes in for Kane.

Sigh I hate Chelsea.

Chelsea have been out of the CL a couple times in the past decade and it didn’t change much.

Especially when they just win the Europa League anyway and get back in the CL. Pretty sure they are 2/2 for trophies the last 2 Europa League Entries.

1 Like

Well, you forgot the big catch here. No Abramovich.
They’re about to be gutted at the back and they’ve got a couple of flops up front.
Couple of players on big money as well.
It’s not looking well for them and missing out on CL could make it even harder for them.

You also wonder what happens with Tuchel, he may be looking elsewhere himself.

Nobody has any real idea of what the set up is going too be though.
Not as strong money wise but still likely a top club.

That’s the thing though. First time in a while everything is up in the air for them. The harder the conditions the better.
Don’t want CL to help them during a tricky period to steady the ship.

Major points.
Havertz, Werner & Lukaku have not convinced. Havertz is a nothing player for me.

They already need major investment to replace Izpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen.

Without CL, the new owners would have to shell out money from their own pocket, which they won’t have after spending 3 billion on club purchase.

I am all for Chelsea getting out of Top 4

See I see it different. I look at United and think its better for Ten Haag that they start the rebuild in the Europa.
More games less challenging and easier to team build in.

2 Likes

That’s a really good point to be honest but certainly a hard to swallow one from the fans perspective.

1 Like

Equally harder to attract genuine proven players and have to hope transfer market gamble works out

They’ve been targeting the world’s biggest players for years now though and it never fucking works out. It’s great

They’ll navigate those issues I think. They don’t dwell on mistakes. It’ll take a pretty bad owner and even then that’s all guesswork.

I can’t read the full article but this would be great if the process gets extended for a while.

Not exactly a shocker that Roman would decide he wasn’t willing to just give up on a couple billion pounds without a fight.

Anybody have an account that can tell us what the article says in more detail?

2 Likes

B-b-b-b-ut Chelsea fans said Roman loved their club and was a great guy!

9 Likes

Wonder if they will now turn on him saying he is holding them back.

1 Like

It’s fine to “write off” the debt when he’s pocketing 2-3bn but he isn’t getting this money due to sanctions so why would he agree to it.

2 Likes