Chelsea

wouldnt be even this they would be well over £1bn in the hole…they wouldnt be able to afford a patch of turf.

3 Likes

I don’t really get why he would sell. Being able to sportwash his sordid reputation is more important than ever right now.

1 Like

Not being allowed in UK ever again might play a part.

If his kids don’t want the club, what’s the point of continuing to hold it?

I can see alot of people taking on a their debt ridden parent co

1 Like

I agree if the UK government takes steps to make him sell, he’ll almost certainly do it.

But I’m not confident the government will do that. He wasn’t on the list of oligarchs being sanctioned that was released yesterday.

I can’t conceive of a man with more freedom of choice in the world, successful, famous, rich, white western man. You can do whatever the fuck you want. You could get out of your seat and go “well I’m not supporting this crap, toodles” and walk out, never come back and it would have zero consequences.

The “I just coach football” or “I just drive the tank” I’d buy if you’re a 3rd world country coach or farmer who make £3 a day. This guy, you actively choose to support the financial cheating, the sports washing, the political bullshit, all of it, whilst having a thousand choices to do similar but better things.

All the “idno I just coach football” from people who have a plethora of choices is exactly why history repeats. “I just wear their logo”. “I just work for their money maker”. “I just supply the tyres”. “I just transport the soldiers”. “I just pull the trigger”. Absolute mystery why this keeps happening over and over, when will it end somebody save us etc.

2 Likes

Hahahaha get fucked cunts.

Hopefully their next owner is a Hicks and Gillette Glazers type.

3 Likes

I mean who really buys them? Because they’ve got a sizeable debt of over $1bn that they owe to Abramovich so on top of the valuation of the club he’s going to want that debt settled.

Any total deal for Chelsea is upwards of $3bn surely and that’s just a silly venture

Would love these cunts to disappear into mediocrity but it will probably be like when Eks was interested in buying us- that is to say a whole lot of nothing.

Regardless if they were to come under new ownership they wouldn’t even remotely be the same team, they luck into amazing trophies regardless of bad buy after bad fucking buy because they get it right on the 3rd or 4th time. Whether that’s £100m on Kepa before finding Mendy or £160m on Werner to Lukaku to whoever comes next. Also don’t forget to terminate manager contracts with extreme predijuice just to get that 6-10 month period of new manager buzz so that your over inflated squads of stars can perform long enough to win enough games to land a trophy or two.

Geniunely the most hollow souless fucking club in the entire league for me- I hate City too but at least under Pep they have a modicum, a sliver of footballing identity.

8 Likes

Yep - I figured that to be the case. There’s literally no sense in buying Chelsea at the valuation of $2bn and then also having to clear Abramovich $1bn debt on top of that.

I think it’s quite a bleak time for Chelsea fans because any investor is going to want to turn the club into a self sufficient machine that they can see money back from. They’re probably going to buy the club for $2bn and then also work out a favourable rate to pay Abramovich back the money that they owe him which will come from player sales and much more stringent spending.

6 Likes

Buyer’s market?

They are looking into taking over Chelsea for 2 billion pounds

And people were whining a few weeks ago about how he’d never get his 1.6 billion back.

He’s had the time of his life and may come away no worse off now.

2 Likes

City owners have actually invested massively in City’s infrastructure (academy, etc). Chelsea is built on a foundation of sand.

There’s me thinking the Swiss were supposed to be neutral in times of conflict but they want to give a Russian oligarch a get out of jail card.
Sanctions against Switzerland i say :upside_down_face:

1 Like

He’d probably get a job the next day.

Then again, he may not want to say anything because he genuinely doesn’t give a shit.

His whining about the questions is a bit much even if we all know journalists are looking for a juicy quote.

1 Like

Just read that whoever takes over Chelsea also inherits the Stamford Bridge issue. Apparently it’s going to cost upwards of £2bn to rebuild on top of the £1.6bn owed to Roman as well as the £2bn valuation he’s slapped on the club.

And this sale has to be done quickly since he could get added to the sanctions list at any moment

He’s going to have to take a huge L somewhere because no way does he get what he wants.

If he really wants out then has no leverage and a clock that’s ticking.

4 Likes

:soccer:#Exclusive: We have new details on Abramowitch’s offer to sell@ChelseaFC to Hansjörg Wyss.

Not sure if aurocorrect or if Ashgooner is admin for that twitter account

7 Likes

He should have sold a year ago when he had those issues traveling to the UK due to Russian geo-politics. Now he’s on a time crunch.

Maybe he’s anticipated this would happen and has some contingencies related to Chelsea we don’t know about.

Can’t imagine a billionaire oligarch would be caught flat footed by something like this.