Chelsea

I’d throw shade but OA wasnt doing much better til the recent thread title change :grin:

4 Likes

You’d have no clue from reading that statement one sovereign nation invaded another without any justification. It sounds like a statement released after some natural disaster.

Whoops

8 Likes

Absolute scum. UK Government should still seize Chelski FC and all of Roman’s assets. Throw the fucking oligarch out of our country for good

5 Likes

This should be blocked pending investigation.

Then again we know how investigations under this government go.

Lukrapoo had 7 touches for an 80 million pound price tag
Prince Andrew had 5 touches for 12 million pounds , Chelsea paid well over the odds

1 Like

Isn’t lukakpoo a better option Ash?

1 Like

Hear me out, there’s a third option…

Lupoopoo?

Not bad for an old man.

5 Likes

Yeah. One of the best ever free transfers for sure. He makes sure a difference to that Chelsea defence.

7 Likes

What he’s doing right now is enhancing his legacy a good deal.

Other all time CB’s were out the game and finished by the same age, perhaps has something to do with them competing in the PL for almost their whole careers but still.

2 Likes

I think mentality (especially since it’s a cup final) plays a big part there too, the other players left it to the goalkeeper to dig them out of that hole. Silva went the extra mile knowing the goal could be the difference between being on the line or not.

2 Likes

Silva looked a spent force half a decade ago but the way he rebuilt his career after that drop following the WC has been amazing to see.

Genuinely one of the best of his generation. Him, Chiellini and Ramos are the top 3 CBs of the last 10 years in my eyes. He’s a genuine superstar defender.

I did remember suggesting he’d be a good signing on a free :eyes:

2 Likes

Better than some of the other washed up CBs mooted around these parts.

And here we have a reason why I will never accept age related signings as a stand alone solution.
Millner At Liverpool also proving this point too.

2 Likes

Shame you didn’t make a bet with half the forum on that instead

:ramsdale:

1 Like

Money I’m glad to lose :man_shrugging:t2:

Can’t say the same for some can we @Stroller

2 Likes

It has to be the right player at the right price in the right system though. It’s like any transfer.

Adding a guy like Milner or Witsel or Zlatan is one thing but for all signings like that you have a totally toasted Willian (disaster) or Hummels (so-so).

The main point is dont close the door. Just be open minded on what might be available. I actually think the club would tbh.
Its the idealistic outlook and anything of a player of 27 up being discounted I find stupid.

Example Diego Godin is 36. When in the last 5 seasons before this one, would he have not been a good signing.
Some will say he would ignore the talent because of no sell on clause. That does not work for me.