Chelsea

Yeah mate, those first few games when he arrived, our players were putting in a proper shift. Pressing high, attacking, defensive shape had improved (wasn’t where it is now.) There was progress and even though we lost to Chelsea, was finally proud that the team was going for the win, and it looked like we were developing an identity the other games away at Stamford bridge with ten men, UTD at home all high pressing and attacking games, full of passion and energy. Then that slowly got phased out and we ended up with some of the most dire, lazy and uncreative football I’ve ever seen in my life.

1 Like

Probably for another thread, but do you think the players didn’t “buy in” to Arteta?

Ozil, Guendouzi falling out of favour, for example.

It maybe handicaps Arteta. He wants to play a certain way and yet he can’t because he doesn’t have the players that play that way at his disposal any more. Hence his micro-managing from the sidelines now (“you! Pass to him. Now you! Give it to him!” We’re a goal down in the 89th min FFS Arteta :see_no_evil:)

Anyway, who knows what’s going on in Arteta’s head.

3 Likes

World class Pogba in midfield is what tips the balance in United’s favour.

Yea WORLDCLASS Pogba is WORLDCLASS cuz he is clearly a WORLDCLASS player. like. clearly.

Gutted they have Tuchel in charge .
He is a top manager and will deliver silverware to the no history club .
Tuchel should be at The Arsenal.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with Tuchel tbh bro. I’d have been happy had we hired him. I just haven’t seen enough to be a true believer yet because I think his personality will always hold him back. Seems very unable to gel with senior management and the type who’ll clash.

3 Likes

Tuchel has shown that having an experienced, proven manager, with decent players, is the best way for a club to achieve success.

Klopp, Rodgers, Pochettino, Ancelotti, Tuchel and even Mourinho were all available to us in recent seasons but we went for a complete novice, which is why we’re mid table and our rivals that went for a proven manager are competing for a top four place.

3 Likes

I used to read this exact quote on redcafe about Emery, while they complained about Mourinho.

Please stop mentioning Jose lol

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want him here but he’s still better than what we’ve got.
I can’t stand Mourinho so at least he is at the club I despise the most.

4 Likes

The challenge for Tuchel next season will be to get them firing offensively.

The defence has been absurdly staunch since he took over copping 2 goals in 12 matches.

1 Like

Prime example of superiority complex.
We beat Spurs, they’re mad because we’re 10th and loud as fuck.
They beat Atleti, they’re waking up tweeting about us first thing in morning.

1 Like

Can you blame them?

There’s really no comparison between the clubs. Their most celebrated player is a racist buffoon.

1 Like

They’re just jealous we have Willian.

I can’t see us beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this season (just because they’re due against us and we’ve won the last 2 including a cup final) but I would love it if we beat them. Love it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Roman fuming. Over fifteen years of continuous investment and nobody cares about Chelsea still. :rofl:

12 Likes

This warms my heart

Bad tactic, will just spur them on more.

Here’s hoping

1 Like