Chelsea

I think there may have been a decent possibility he goes early on in the season, if he treated the Chelsea players like he treats some of the arsenal boys.

1 Like

What I will say about Roman is though, if he was owner of Liverpool and they end up finishing 4th this season and say only make the CL QF, then heā€™d probably give Klopp the arse lol.

The credits of back to back 95 + point seasons, a Champions league title would be quickly forgotten.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fuck me, thatā€™s the worst play on words Iā€™ve seen in a long time.

By OA standards that wasnā€™t too bad tbh :grin:

4 Likes

Klopp also had a much poorer group of players to work with when he initially took over than Lampard. Clear style of play as others have mentioned, whereas there doesnā€™t seem to be any particular identity that Lampard has introduced.

Given the amount theyā€™ve spent, Lampard should have done more although it is difficult to blend so many new players into the first team. Still, he should have done better and deservedly got sacked.

Tuchel is a fiery and divisive character. If the dressing room doesnā€™t take to him, heā€™ll be out on his arse before long as well.

Tuchel is too controversial, had problems with players, staff, directors and supporters throughout his career. I donā€™t see Chelsea as the right environment for him given how if you disagree with the board youā€™re out and how their players turned on their manager throughout the last couple seasons.
They were too desperate for a German manager to get the best out of Werner and Havertzā€¦ Iā€™m not sure who came up with that idea to the board and how it was approved! I think it only adds to the issues in the dressing room showing your players that only two of them matter the most!
We might as well have hired an Ivorian manager to get the best out if Pepe if we follow Chelseaā€™s thought process

2 Likes

1 Like

Mourinho round 3?

Wolves at home should be a pretty easy way for Tuchel to start, unfortunately. This side barely beat Chorley and lost to West Brom in their last two fixtures.

Meanwhile at Stamford Bridgeā€¦

1 Like

Id imagine 90 percent of Chelsea fans are over it now and quite looking forward to tonightā€™s game with a bit of expectation.
Win tonight and the Lampard story is ended.

Mason Mount to Thomas Tuchel in training today

6 Likes
7 Likes

I think the question should be:
When would Arteta have been chosen as Chelsea manager?

Answer:

1. When Abramovich goes insane.
  2. Never
  3. You are joking
1 Like

After Arteta wins the Champions league with Willian in 2023.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Hudson-Odoi at wing back and the murderer Alonso back in the team.

Seems Tuchel has an even bigger brain than Arteta. Canā€™t wait for them to go head to head, be like Dexter versus Mandark in the shittest nil nil draw in the history of football

2 Likes

One of my Chelsea mates just sent me thisā€¦Donā€™t know if itā€™s accurate, but that bench figure is insaneā€¦lol

ā€œĀ£220M on the pitch, Ā£310M on the bench, Ā£54M not in the match day squad, and Ā£202M on loan !ā€

Just followed it with this:

ā€œQuite staggering that weā€™ve spent Ā£566M on players that arenā€™t in the first team today LOL. Oh to be a billionaire ā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Nice enough start for Tuchel, 7 points from 9 and 3 clean sheets. Not setting the world on fire but a definite upturn straight away on what Lampard was doing.

2 Likes