Chelsea

Yep, confirmed.

I wonder if Spurs would like to do business with Chelsea. Kane for Lukaku plus cash or someone else.

That would be like the deal we did with Man U, when we swapped Sanchez for Mkhitayran.
They are both former elite players that wonā€™t do much after theyā€™ve swapped clubs.

Not a bad idea really. Similar age profiles, similar market value.

Spurs get Conteā€™s dream, Chelsea get the England captain who has more about his game and can probably do more in the Tuchel system

6 Likes

Tricky situation for Chelsea, no real good response to being blind sighted by that Interview.

I think the club should have swept it under the rug and carried on. They donā€™t really gain anything leaving Lukaku out of the squad. He isnā€™t going anywhere in Jan so why burn bridges over a pretty minor interview

1 Like

I donā€™t think it was a minor interview, it was pretty out there for a recently signed 100m player imo lol

I think mild interview is a better phrase.

Saw the quotes and didnā€™t think it was ideal but what he said is being overblown slight. He gushed about his ex and complained about the system basically, could have been worse.

I think leaving him out of the squad is a bit harsh

I agree in terms of how it was handled.

Canā€™t really afford to leave him out.

This is one of those situations where I can see Tuchel losing his job by being too stubborn to first recall him and second play to Lukaku strengths.

1 Like

Chelsea implosion incoming. You love to see it. :syringe::syringe:

4 Likes

As much as I hate Chelsea I want them to take care of Spurs.

2 Likes

Depending how this month goes, we may see both Spurs and Arsenal in Top 4.
No European football is a massive boost for us and Spurs.
Chelsea have got themselves in a tricky situation at the worst possible period.

Iā€™d favour a final with Spurs. I think Chelsea have an overwhelming amount of quality in the squad that could see them squeeze out a result.

Spurs have a dour squad and Conte isnā€™t the best cup manager.

Actually yeah you have a point dude.

In the league I hope Chelsea beat them, as honestly Iā€™m not fussed if the top 3 isnā€™t open, we ainā€™t competing for the title and 2nd or 4th pretty much means the same thingā€¦ direct qualification to the CL.

1 Like

Itā€™s how Tuchelā€™s reign was gonna go.

Initial success because heā€™s a really talented manager.

And then an implosion because heā€™s difficult to work with.

Lukakus nonsense may have started that off, but at the very least itā€™s created chaos there.

Combine that with Chelsea usually imploding after a good season.
Did that with Ancelotti, Mou and Conte too.

2 Likes

I still donā€™t see a really talented manager. Iā€™ve seen a manager playing really dour football for most of his reign, struggling to get the best out of a lot of his players and having one of the most in form strikers in Europe (from last season) and refusing to put any service into him.

I think his CL win was impressive but if weā€™re looking at his career as a whole so far, I still think heā€™s the tier below the elite managers.

Was willing to reassess him after the CL win but still think heā€™s maybe not quite as good as people want to think

4 Likes

it would help if theyā€™d feel the effects of spending just under Ā£100m on an average striker but sadly theyā€™ll just get rid and get another one in lol

2 Likes

They play the worst stuff out of the top six, not even close.

Iā€™m not sure Tuchel would have even wanted Lukaku to come in, but when youā€™re Chelsea coach you know two things are certain (1) youā€™re going to get fired before the end of your contract and (2) the club will buy players you donā€™t want which will result in you getting fired before the end of your contract.

Lampard couldnā€™t get a tune out of the guys they bought after the embargo? Heā€™s gone.

Tuchel builds a team around the second most talented soccer player in the James family instead of a prime age Lukaku (even if he should have stayed at Inter but that was a financial issue)? Heā€™ll go too.

I do love watching another club have this sort of messy drama in public rather than us.

Rooney has done this twice with United (flirting with Man City publicly) but still became all time topscorer for United. I donā€™t think this interview will be that much of problem for the future.

The stylistic fit between Lukaku and Tuchel howeverā€¦

Isnā€™t talent getting more out of less?

He put together a system that overachieved last season and started off incredibly well this season, his issue is persisting and not adapting when it was clear this was not sustainable.

Sturborness rather than not being a talented coach although I agree he isnā€™t truly elite at this stage, some were really going OTT last season as if he was better than Pep

1 Like