Chelsea

This says more about Timo Werner than the League.

:arteta:

2 Likes

So Tuchel has 5 wins and 3 draws in the league only conceding 2 goals in the process. Clean sheets vs Spurs, Liverpool, United and Atleti in the Champions league.

1 Like

Seen every game and this good start basically highlights how shit a coach Lamps is. I haven’t seen any evidence he belongs at a top 10 PL club

11 Likes

Cunts will have gone through 3 managers in the last 3 seasons, with all of them achieving top 4. Great effort this from Tuchel, top 4 looked a world away when he took over.

2 Likes

I suppose from a Chelsea perspective not challenging for the league title for 4 seasons is pretty poor, That will be another huge test for Tuchel next season, to see if he can get them in the thick of a title race and sadly I think he can.

2 Likes

Without Thiago Silva too, who had been impressive for them pre-injury. Christensen was MOTM last night though, so be interesting to see if Thiago comes straight back in.

Not win it but they could be a difficult opponent in the CL.

9 Likes

Seriously impressive start by hipster TT now, still undefeated and has played Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, United and Atletico winning 4 of those 5.

5 Likes

Look at the squad he has at his disposal. That Chelsea squad is second only to City in terms of quality and depth.

It’s not a miracle job he’s doing it just highlights how bad Lampard truly was.

The most impressive thing he’s done is get his team playing in his image pretty quickly but that’s a damn good Chelsea squad.

6 Likes

Yep. I never thought Frank was amazing, but I at least thought he was doing a fair job at times. Yet I think I was wrong. TT is really showing him up. Of course there could be a little of the new manager bounce, but from watching them it doesn’t like that it’s just that. He seems to have come in and just sorted them out quickly.

2 Likes

New manager bounce rarely causes a team to all of the sudden concede about 2 goals in 10 matches.

Yeah @SRCJJ I agree it’s the 2nd best squad, still think it’s impressive to take over 20 games in sitting 9th or whatever it was and come finish comfortably in the top 4 which it looks like he’ll do. They may also go on a CL run also.

1 Like

This just highlights the difference between a coach who has the courage of his convictions and the ones who don’t. Granted the quality at his disposal is better than most, but the technical side of the game aside, physically he has his team playing his way and he hasn’t needed 2 seasons to do it either. Which is what Arteta should of done if he wasn’t such a coward.

2 Likes

Quality of squad aside, what’s he doing getting the squad to take to his style so quick. That ain’t right according to modern manager philosophy you need 2 seasons son.

3 Likes

Tbf but experience is a big part or lack of on both managers.
It comes with time but therein lies the issue.

2 Likes

Which is why we should of never went for someone like Arteta in the first place.

It’s annoying because all the other managers who have a “philosophy”, Bielsa, Klopp, Poch, Pep, TT etc
 impose said philosophy on arrival, even if they don’t have the players they want, in the beginning a lot of results don’t go their way, but at least the squad is conditioned physically and tactically from the youth level to the first team, to play in that style and those not able to do so are quickly identified, moved on and replaced by players who are. Right now, I don’t think anyone including Arteta knows what exactly it is where heading towards, I don’t think he even knows who his best 11 or his best formation is. I’m sure he has the makings of a top coach, god knows we’re reminded of how smart he is every month by someone in the game, but he really just lacks the experience to take a club like ours of its current hole.

I will also add. That if he had of stuck with that high energy, high pressing game, which was defensively sound from when he first arrived then by now we would probably be in much better position and even if we wasn’t, at least it would be clear where we were heading and the foundation would of been properly laid. The games of would been entertaining and we wouldn’t feel so let down and out of love with our club as we do now.

5 Likes

He’s firmly established himself in the “A category” of coaches. There can be no doubt now.

His ideals are sound and his methods work, we have samples across three different teams to show this. The debate is still out on if he’s an elite coach, he needs to get this Chelsea team consistently competing for the league and CL

3 Likes

I think our squad is also much better than what we are showing.

3 Likes

You on about the Chelsea game at home that we lost, mate? We played very well. As you say, if we had that intensity in every game, we’re where Leicester and ManUre are now.

1 Like

You may have to eat crow on Tuchel bro at least for a couple seasons until he’s inevitably sacked.

And the Chelsea squad is good but is no better than United IMO, second to City in terms of quality? Not so sure about that.

2 Likes