Charlie Patino (Loan: Swansea)

LOL no disagreement there - we were horrendously (inexcusably) bad… its the kind of sh*t performance you don’t think is possible and shakes your belief frankly… I was actually fairly confident of top 4 before today (a lot of that is that Spurs and ManU look awful too), but now I am seriously concerned… if I were any bottom 10-12 club, I’d study this game and use it as template against us.

2 Likes

Yep. This is a massive red flag for me.
Reminiscent of the Everton game.

1 Like

i think he is gonna get a lot of magnificent experiences in the years that follow.

3 Likes

lol :sweat_smile:

But some people react just the right way to experiences like this, maybe he does, let’s see.

Tonight?

shit is he starting tonight?

Don’t think so. I wad asking you if tonight was the night to react🙂

Arteta on Patino: “I think they [the two losses against Nottingham Forest and Liverpool] were magnificent experiences for him, tough ones, but as…”

2 Likes

He seems to be back from his injury.

Interesting to see what the plan might be for him next year. Even though this is his first season at U23 level, I’m not sure how much more he can learn against that type of competition. But I don’t think he is physically ready for the PL either. If we are in the Europa League its an easy call as he could bounce between those group stage games, League Cup matches, and U23 in the fall. But if we’re in the CL then I can’t see Arteta playing him unless its a dead rubber.

Didn’t even know he was injured

Think he just has to stay in the u23s. Physically not even ready for a championship team loan yet.

3 Likes

Reckon he’ll be another Zelalem. Good technically but physically not suitable for top flight football.

3 Likes

Didn’t know he was injured either. Just figured that his reign as the next best thing was over already.

TBF, Zelalem wasn’t actually that impressive at U23 level for Arsenal. He came from the US, caught some eyes in a few youth matches, had a few nice passes against some rando team from Indonesia on that one pre-season tour, and then was pretty crap for the rest of his career.

Patino may not make it as a professional but he is a much better prospect than Zelalem ever was.

2 Likes

Needs to bulk up. He’ll be tossed about like a dog toy in the PL.

3 Likes

Future captain

Memories for life :joy:

1 Like

Kid discovered protein? Wtf?
His face changed too. :rofl:

2 Likes

Natty or not? @SRCJJ

Quite a transformation compared to the last time I saw him on the pitch…