Cesc Fabregas

You think Ozil is better than Bergkamp?

:gabriel:

No. No way.

I stand corrected

1 Like

You guys think Bergkamp is a better passer than Coquelin?

Coq au van is a better passer than Coquelin

Fuck no.

1 Like
1 Like

Not gonna revel in his misfortune here. Having said that, he holds the badge of biggest judas in my eyes. Not RVP, not Nasri, not Adebayor etc.

Cesc gave up greatness at Arsenal to become another footnote in Barcaā€™s dominance of a two team league.

I donā€™t mind that he left, it was the disrespectful manner in which he left. For some reason Iā€™ve always had the impression that Wenger was salty about the whole thing but I could be mistaken.

1 Like

Yes, he was, and rightfully so.

The guy is as much of a prick as RVP tbh. He knew exactly what he was doing.
Something that Iā€™ll always give to Nasri is that he got it straight from the get go. He wanted money and thought City were better placed to win trophies. He also didnā€™t join a rival per se.

All RVP and Fabregas have done is give ridiculous excuses and beat about the bush.
Those two were arguably the first 2 legends of Emirates era and decided to throw it all in the bin because the formerā€™s little kid inside screamed ā€œMan Utdā€ and the latter bought into Mourinhoā€™s pitch.

1 Like

Theyā€™re all the same. They all knew Arsenal were losers at heart and they wanted to leave. I donā€™t resent any of them for it anymore.

6 Likes

Absolutely not. No player moving to Barcelona, or any foreign club, could be as big a Judas as van Persie was for moving to United or Ashley Cole was for leaving us for Chelsea.

9 Likes

Ahh yes Cashley Cole might have him beat.

1 Like

Boo fucking hoo. Will never forgive him. Mailed it in at the end of his Arsenal career and then joined Chelsea. Fuck off.

Hmmm see, I disagree. Totally agree on the RvC part, but we did a dirty on Cole. From a 55k a week salary offer, we couldnā€™t go to 60k for the best LB in the world. There was still time to salvage that even after the hotel meeting between Moron-ho and Cole.

RvC continues to be the biggest cunt, even in his rhetoric after retiring. Cuntegras follows him a close second given the way he behaved as an Arsenal player in his last season or so.

I canā€™t get behind this. I think Ashley Cole, an academy kid who was an established member of a successful team forced his way out of the club to join our closest rivals (in terms of being the team we were directly competing with at the time)

Fabregas ultimately joined his boyhood team and itā€™s hard to begrudge that. He left an unsuccessful and floundering Arsenal team to join possibly the single greatest club side that ever existed (Pepā€™s Barcelona)

I think for me itā€™s;

1. Cole
  2. RVP
  3. Fabregas
1 Like

Admittedly, Iā€™m in a minority on this but I think possibly only @Stroller agreed with me on this last time (forgive me if Iā€™m wrong) in that we could have done far more to keep Cole.

The narrative weā€™re being fed to believe by the club is that Cole forced his way out. It almost felt like we didnā€™t want to keep him over 5 extra thousand a week.

Still a Judas for going to Chelsea (and fouling Hleb in the build up to Essienā€™s equaliser in 06/07 when we could have ended that stupid home record of theirs) but not as big as the other two, in my eyes.

Im curious to know those that regard RVP, Cole and Fabregas as a Judas, would you say the same about George Graham seeing as he went over to the dark side?

I think we should have offered Cole the extra money he asked for given who he was and how valuable he was to us. It feels like letting him go over Ā£5k is the precursor to the years weā€™d spend missing out on players because we wouldnā€™t meet their demands or the selling clubs demand.

But a lot to me believes that Cole feeds the story that he left over a measly Ā£5k but he probably always wanted to go to Chelsea and cash in on Romanā€™s millions. I genuinely donā€™t think heā€™d have signed and stayed even if we did offer him what he wanted.

4 Likes

If he hadnā€™t tanked his transfer fee in the process Iā€™d be way more forgiving.

Graham probably doesnā€™t get a scolding for it because of how late it was in his career and by that point he probably felt betrayed by the club over the whole bung scandal that went on.

Could be wrong but would be curious to know what people like @Stroller @InvincibleDB10 @Ashgooner1 and the other long time fans on OA think

I put that on Wenger. The club didnā€™t need to let him go just to let him fulfil his dream.

We sold Henry for like Ā£16m (less than Darren Bent went for at the time) and Fabregas for a paltry sum. Feels like Wenger was too willing to do whatever it took to make the player happy rather than look after the clubs interests.

3 Likes