Cesc Fabregas

Was watching this video just forgot how fucking good Cesc was ffs back in 2006

3 Likes

Thierryā€™s miss with goal gaping versus Chelsea in like the 85th minuteā€¦too soon :sob:

Who the fook is that guy?

Sebastian Larsson?

1 Like

Correct. The long hair took me out.

2 Likes

Talking about long hairā€¦

The majestic Danish Prince.

2 Likes

Fabregas at 37 seconds. Firstly the giveaway, and then the lack of effort to win it back :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Itā€™s hard to truly put into words how good he was at his peak. I think he did well to readjust in later years and to maintain such a high level from basically being a kid up until he was about 30 speaks volumes about his quality.

I think in hindsight, Wenger not bringing back Cesc was one of the poorer decisions he made at the time.

I do hold Cesc in 09-10 to be one of the best individuals seasons from any Arsenal player that Iā€™ve seen. He was just incredible but he kept coming down with stupid injuries and it didnā€™t help that we didnā€™t have a great team around him but he carried us.

Itā€™s easy to shit in Cesc for the way that he left but I think youā€™re a fool if you deny just how good he was.

He left us at such a young age and I remember being angry at the time thinking he could really have given us a few more years before jetting off to his boyhood club. But truth be told, heā€™d have just pissed away a few more years playing in a team that wasnā€™t really going anywhere.

6 Likes

At his peak, absolutely one of the best and most productive midfielders in the world. And Iā€™d say the most creative one, the stats definitely back him up.

4 Likes

For me heā€™s our greatest ever midfielder

1 Like

Great player without a doubt, but he is not above Vieira, same as Brady for meā€¦

3 Likes

True. Canā€™t touch Paddy.

Vieira can rightly be in with a shout for the PLā€™s greatest ever midfielder. Fabregas canā€™t.

1 Like

Fabregas would definitely be in the conversation for me. 2 league titles at Chelsea, 18 assists in one of those seasons and he carried Arsenal on his back for years before that.

A gargantuan of a midfielder. His vision coupled with his insane pass execution (long and short) puts him in a very exclusive category over the past 25-30 years. Heā€™s in elite company, Iā€™m thinking Xavi, Riquelme, Pirlo, Bergkamp and Laudrup, probably a few others I canā€™t think off the top of my head.

Rolls Royce of a player and one of the best midfielders the PL has ever had.

10 Likes

I agree but doubt non Arsenal fans hold him that highly to consider him alongside Xavi, Pirlo, Bergkamp etc.

1 Like

Very different players. Fabregas is our best ever passer and our most creative player weā€™ve had. Vieira was a defensive wall while being an incredible dribbler who could give and go.

Itā€™s a real pity we didnā€™t keep Vieira and play them in a midfield 3 with either Silva or Flamini. Might have had that 2006 CL if we did that.

2 Likes

We talk about generational talent on here a lot but Cesc was undeniably a generational talent for me. He was our best player, maybe our best midfielder ever. He and Viera play such different games itā€™s hard to compare for me.

And I say all this still not having forgiven him for acting like a little baby, quitting on the team and driving his price down. Itā€™s criminal we didnā€™t squeeze more money out of Barcelona for him. Iā€™ll never let that go. Maybe some people have forgiven him because it was his boyhood club but fuck him.

His stint at Chelsea was partially on Wenger but, there were undoubtedly offers from the continent for him. He chose to go there so basically heā€™s dead to me.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not everything and Cesc at times played in a more advanced position but Fabregas I think had a better record of assists and goals over Pirlo and Xavi. His PL assist record is pretty much on par with Bergkamps while playing a deeper for much of his time

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t you say thereā€™s a reason behind that, though? They wonā€™t rate him because he shouldnā€™t be thought of in that high an esteem.

Even fans who want to pour scorn on Arsenal will admit that Bergkamp was world class, but maybe wonā€™t go as far to describe Fabregas.

1 Like

Imagine your missus lives in London and wants you to come and live with her. He was almost begging to come back. He was upset that Wenger stopped taking his call after he moved to Chelsea too.

Wenger agreed to let him eventually goto Barce as a gentlemanā€™s agreement. Kroenke should of stepped in and slapped 70m on his head and said heā€™s not breaking the contract for a lesser fee. We already had him tied down. Wenger was way too soft and the only far too hands off.

Thereā€™s absolutely no way any pl fan can not think cesc was world class. Refuse to believe that unless theyā€™re being petty

1 Like