Cedric Soares (17)

Chambers and Cedric RB pairing is a very weak spot of the 11, offensively and defensively

3 Likes

Chambers had a decent finish to the season. But isn’t good enough for a whole season. Decent crosser but Too slow . Cedric wasn’t even able to get on the bench half the time despite arteta saying he’s the best crosser of the ball. Cedric , Mari ,Willian have been shocking signings.

1 Like

That’s a stretch. I don’t think you can find many better RBs in the league.
Walker, Cancelo, TAA and possibly Pereira. I would say these are probably in a class of their own. Rest are more or less at the same level.

Happy birthday bro!!!

2 Likes

Chambers and Cedric are bottom half PL players at best

In a fully fit 11, RB is definitely the weakest spot in terms of talent, how’s that a stretch?

1 Like

I think “very weak” is a stretch.
They are good RBs, not great but good.
Is it a position we can upgrade compared to the rest of the team? Sure, but if you actually compare our choices to the rest of the league, there aren’t that many that are genuinely better.
There are some good prospects like Lamptey, Aarons, KWP and Justin that could eventually become better but currently, they have their fair share of weaknesses and strengths that puts them in that “good, not great” category too.

So the latest activity of posts here is based on possibility of Arteta going with Soares and Chambers as his RB options, presumably with Ben White being a possible emergency option there if required? Would be disappointing but not surprising as there really wasn’t much hot news on RB buys after Hakimi became a non-option. I just hope this is a decision made on lack of good options available on the market, as opposed to a knock-on effect of 50m for Ben White and transfer funds being more limited than Josh Kroenke and Arteta indicated before the transfer window with promises of “big” “exceptional” investment/spending.

1 Like

Unless we sell Bellerin, the RB position isn’t a priority.
Bellerin isn’t great but is certainly nowhere near our worst player, Soares is ok and Chambers is versatile enough to play there, although he is better at CB.

Book it.

3 Likes

Be prepared for Bellerin to be sold and no RB coming in, instead going with Chambers/Soares/White to start the season. Bellerin is on the outs but it might only be a deal done towards the last week or so of the transfer window, due to haggling with the likes of Inter Milan.

3 Likes

Be excited they said, hard to be excited hearing that Cedric might be first choice RB to start the season.

4 Likes

What did you expect?

The club decided to go big on CB since, I guess they think it’s easier to buy Ben White than a high caliber RB.

Keeping Chambers also tracks with our apparently new strategy to buy English (even if it includes overpriced players).

1 Like

Ramsdale (ffs)
Chambers Holding/white Mari Tierney

I can already see opposition strikers shaking in their boots.

You’d imagine Gabriel and White will be the 2 main CBs. Then Tierney on the left. Right side will be weak, and if we go 3ATB we’ll have to add Holding in I guess. But Gabriel, White and Tierney is decent on paper I think.

I don’t think Arteta trusts Gabriel enough. Mari seems a bit more intelligent and matured as a footballer compared to Gabriel even though Gabriel has a higher ceiling. The left is strong though but that right side will murder us. If not defensively, then definitely offensively.

Is that with or without Bellerin? :wenger2:

Without, obviously. Can’t believe you even had to ask.

1 Like

Translation: “My contract at Arsenal is sweet. not giving it up son”

21 Likes

Going to fight for that place in Hampstead with the heated pool, my guy :facepunch:

4 Likes