Cedric Soares (17)

Bellerin was fine. Not great, but didn’t do anything particularly bad either. Just fine.

Didn’t commit errors leading to scoring chances for the opposition.

It’s a low bar here.

Willian was worse.

I dunno. I’d probably give Willian 0.5 more than Cedric. Partey, Lacazette and Cedric were the worst 3 for me.

But that’s kind of my point, Bellerin didn’t do anything special and played okay on his preferred side. Cedric didn’t do anything special, played okay and made 1 mistake (which shouldn’t have led to a goal by the way), playing out of position. At worst Cedric’s performance should be rated the same as Bellerin

But he didn’t play OK. I get he wasn’t on his preferred side, but he was still less than OK. He was arguably the worst performer on the pitch. His defending/decision making in the lead up to their goal was appalling – it shouldn’t matter where on the pitch you are, if you’re a professional footballer you should be doing better there.

Sure, mistake aside they both had an OK game but Cedric’s mistake led to us conceding a late goal.
So overall his performance was poor.

Memory serves me correctly, cedric allowed the goalscorer to get goal side of him aswell no?

2 Likes

Yep, completely lost his man.

1 Like

He’d murder your mom and you’d still say that

3.5 year deal and can’t get into the team ahead of Chambers or Xhaka playing out of position. Not great.

2 Likes

Might as well sell him Mike.

He’s hardly got any value

Save on them wages, seems to be a thing now.