Cedric Soares (17)

Actually, this should tell you how shit Bellerin is.

2 Likes

Let’s fucking go! Hector in the mud.

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I actually think he’s a decent player, watched him a number of times in the past when he was their best player.
My issue is with the four year deal having not seen him play yet, an initial 2 would have been fine.

This is what the club doesn’t seem to understand, all players under 27 with good quality/potential should be getting 5 year deals, and any that run down their contract to 2 years and refuse to extend with reasonable terms should be sold for resale value.
Older players with no resale value should be given the shortest contract possible, (and barring goalkeepers, central defenders and star players) shouldn’t go beyond age 31.

The risk of losing out on the transfer fee of a 31 year old compared to the cost of their wages is far lower than that of an equivalent player 5 years younger with lower wages.

And there’s usually more market for a young player who hasn’t made it than an older player who’s average but on high wages…

1 Like

From a Southampton forum

“More interested in social media” :smile:

2 Likes

It’s Bellerin 2

8 Likes

“They genuinely think they have a quality player”

Said no Arsenal fan ever? Or did I miss something.

1 Like

He said he’s looked on Arsenal forums. It’s obviously not this one. Unless he only read @HotCrossGuns and @Calum ‘s posts :smile:

4 Likes

Interesting read.

It sounds like he’s our best right back then.

5 Likes

Go fish somewhere else

I like to see them actually play a few games for us before I judge them

He’s going to be thirty going into next season and we give him a four year contract.
He has a dubious injury record and it seems Southampton aren’t that bothered about keeping him.
Why don’t we learn?

3 Likes

I doubt it’s really a 4 year deal, probably 3 years with an option or something like that.

6 Likes

Joorabchian is supposed to be an Arsenal fan. He stead he fucks the club over. Hard.

1 Like

What Cedric is to Hector

4 Likes

@Midfield_Maestro your meme is offensive to the dimensionally challenged, please take down that meme and replace it with one that doesn’t contain a slur, or you’ll be on an official warning.

3 Likes

He’s already than Bellerin then. :smile:

Aaaaaahhh…it makes sense now.

We wanted competition for Bellerin at right back but we never specified that it was competing on the pitch.

Hector will have to turn up his Insta-hoe game otherwise Cedric will be the crowned the new basic bitch

2 Likes

From the tidbits I’ve read from fans on both sides, he’s the Portuguese Lichtsteiner.

Even with a four year deal, I’d imagine the wages aren’t astronomical however we essentially have a guy that takes up a squad option.

I’m sure there’s a young lad somewhere in South America that Kia/Edu/Raul know of that will offer way more to the club, at a fair price, compared to Soares.

This is absolutely madness from the club. How can we have a go at Arteta when you’ve got this mess above him?

1 Like