Carl Jenkinson

He should have received more games than Leichensteinbusster

1 Like

I just donā€™t know that he has the technical qualities to operate at the highest level. He was really bad against Palace. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with having some grafters or try-hards in the team but I donā€™t know that Arsenal are in a position to have those guys play important positions like RB at the moment.

I think the main problem is that he isnā€™t very good

Heā€™s just another player we made bad decisions with. West Ham wanted him and if we hadnā€™t just granted the second loan we likely could have got 8-10m out of them for him but instead here we are several years later. He probably could have had a half decent pl/championship career if heā€™d gone too.

We have to move him on this summer and hopefully he sees that too.

3 Likes

He is no worse than AMN at RB. Niles is slightly better going forward but crap in defence as we seen on that penalty in Baku.
Honestly he got away with some real shit shows for us last season.

Issue is, Niles is not a full back. Wenger went with him with an inverted full back role and it did last for the time. Emery possibly thought thatā€™s his actual position because the guyā€™s qualities are wasted there.
In regards to Carl, do we really think he wouldā€™ve done a worse job if he got solid run of games instead of Licht and Mustafi? Was it really worth it deploying Xhaka at LB and CB when we already had a defender that couldā€™ve prevented that?
This is for me another misstep along with the misuse of Ozil and Rambo, and lack of squad management with Elneny and Carl available.

1 Like

Really poor by Emery not to have given the lad a few games and personally think he would not have let us down. Not long term solution but pathetic that he wasnt used more.

2 Likes

Wait a second. Youā€™re saying even with hindsight of how awful he was against Crystal Palace youā€™re blaming the coach for not giving Jenkinson more time? I love a local-boy-does-good story as much as the next guy but Jenkinson has proved heā€™s not good enough and had some massive injury problems. I wouldnā€™t be shocked if he winds up a few divisions down, itā€™s probably his actual level.

Im saying he is no worse than fucking Mustafi at RB or AMN either. None of the 3 options are good enough and im not keen on the first choice tbh.
Once he was injured though he was worth a bigger percentage of games than he got. Which of the other 2 never made a costly mistake.
Mustafi pen in the NLD as a RB. AMN pen in Baku. Lets not make out im trying to reinvent the wheel here.
Id take a RB to replace a RB over a CB or midfielder anytime.

1 Like

Weā€™ll have to agree to disagree. Carl seems like a nice guy but itā€™s really really hard to play at this level. I think he would have been even worse than some of the Mustafi performances we saw at RB.

We will have to disagree and thats fair enough. I do think it was a disgrace after City away that licht was chosen ahead of him.

1 Like

Basically this guy has limited desire to play football, what is he 27 or 28 ? Only made 150 appearances or so in his career.

Canā€™t we give him away?

At least you know his love for the club is genuine and not just some PR Instagram spin.

Iā€™ll miss Jenkinson when heā€™s gone. Heā€™s a waste of a wage but in relative terms itā€™s a drop in the ocean compared to Mikhtaryan and Ɩzil

5 Likes

Itā€™s been a good story. Wish he was a better player though.

always liked Jenko but probably best to try and get a few million out of him this summer and sell, hope he makes a decent little career out of what he has left

Just buy him you cunts!

3 Likes

Iā€™ll fly over and drive him to Glasgow

1 Like

Fuck a loan, just have him for free lads

1 Like