Carl Jenkinson

I love the Corporal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Playing his way into a new deal as a Bellerin backup*

*As long as he doesnā€™t get his wages doubled. I donā€™t love him that much

3 Likes

Iā€™d be very happy with that. There is no better backup who would be happy hardly playing when Bellerin isnā€™t injured

If he can show the form he showed for us when he first popped up and the form he gave to West Ham in his first season there - Iā€™d happily keep Jenkinson as a cheap back up at RB.

Just give him a new 2 year contract unless weā€™re signing wan-bissaka this summer

Yeah I was saying it with degree and of sarcasm haha.

1 Like

Nice interview with Jenkinson in The Times. You donā€™t have to pay to read it, just enter your name and email address.

Love his delusion/ confidence

ā€œI love the football club and also I know what Iā€™m capable of. I feel I have the ability and quality to play at the top, at Arsenal.ā€

Jenko is a Gooner

When Arsenal hosted Bate Borisov on February 21, Jenkinson was not selected so he and a friend from his time at Davenant Foundation School in Loughton took the train to the game at the Emirates.
ā€œThe fans know they can relate to me as a normal bloke, who has walked the same path to them in terms of supporting the club.ā€

And on Emery and Carcedo:

Emery and his assistant, Juan Carlos Carcedo, also help Jenkinsonā€™s development. ā€œIā€™ve got a huge amount of respect for the manager. He pays attention to every single detail. The analysis before games is always in-depth. And after Iā€™ve played a game, itā€™s not, ā€˜Youā€™ve done wellā€™, and thatā€™s the end of it. I sit down with Carcedo and we go through clips. Itā€™s such an education. Iā€™ve learnt an awful lot about positioning. I feel Iā€™ve become a better player under them.ā€

5 Likes

The corporal is the last one standing

1 Like

Thatā€™s nuts isnā€™t it.

The English core lol

Nice (pipe) dream while it lasted.

Not sure if this was genuine but it was a joke from the start tbh.

Tbh I had hopes.
Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox & Gibbs were pretty solid bunch at the time

1 Like

The English core thing wasnā€™t a total failure. We won several trophies in their time here. Ox and Wilshere were ruined by injuries and we got a fantastic return from Walcott and Ramsey. Still wish weā€™d persist with stuff like this, snatching up young talent and developing a core of players in a certain system.

We got our value out of all these players except for Jenkinson. At the end of the day the point was to breed some kind of loyalty and Ox ended up being the only one who wanted to leave, so you canā€™t say the idea was a total failure.

2 Likes

Id just point out Ramsey is welsh and the best of the lot.

It was labelled the british core wasnā€™t it ?

2 Likes

Yes but to bloody foreigners like @Cristo & @BigWeng_4LYFE they are the same thing.

:kos2:

4 Likes

Foreigners thinking the UK is just England shocker!

3 Likes

Yeah sure it was. When @SRCJJ done that article on the old site im sure he used the picture of the players in suits and Ramsey was on it.

1 Like

8 years ago today the :goat: joined us

1 Like

Am I the only one who doesnā€™t get whatā€™s so wrong with him?
Ok, maybe heā€™s not regarded as one of the best RB in the PL but he could have been useful.
The lads at the back have praised his workrate and honestly, whenever he played this season he looked really solid. I think the guy was robbed of a proper chance this season and also, we shot ourselves in the foot playing guys like Licht and Mustafi at RB and Xhaka at LB/CB. At the very least he could have raised his market value a bit.

3 Likes