Cancel Culture and related issues

Gary Glitter is a vile nonce but I’d be lying if I said that the use of Rock and Roll Part 2 wasnt my favourite bit of Joker.

3 Likes

I was actually thinking this when I was writing the above post, definitely the coolest scene in the film

That sort of played in though to the character and gets a pass for me.

Rumour has it that because of the Gary Glitter association to the song, the director purposely chose it to make the audience feel even more uncomfortable with the awakening of The Joker.

1 Like

39 posts were split to a new topic: Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

A post was merged into an existing topic: Transwomen Participating in Female Sports

The issue of transwomen competing in female sports warrants its own thread I reckon, as it’s not really a cancel culture issue.

1 Like

Probably be a few thousand posts a week in it given all the encroaching going on so good shout.

2 Likes
9 Likes

2 Likes

Not cancel culture, but a related issue: apparently, Cambridge University is teaching non gendered German to be more inclusive and now linguists are warning that actual Germans and Austrians may not understand them lol.

2 Likes

Surely this is fake news

I thought so too but the editor of TES just tweeted it out.

Meredith was making fun of me last night because Kanye hadn’t been dropped by adidas. She was like “how are you gonna wear your Arsenal stuff if he’s out here saying antisemitic stuff?”

Thankfully he’s been dropped and I am back on my bullshit.

Jon Severs? Just went through a few days worth of his timelime and didn’t see anything.

What did he say exactly? Couldn’t find the tweet anywhere