Calum Chambers

Emery should roll the dice with Callum because there’s only one direction we can be heading from being the team with the most defensive errors in the division

1 Like

Play holding and chambers together ?

1 Like

Chambers and Holding at CB can’t do much worse then Luiz and Sokratis. I don’t see Emery doing it sadly. But hungry and young players will at least give it a go.

1 Like

We just need defenders who don’t give away goals atm… our issues broadly defensively are much, much larger than our defenders though…

1 Like

That’s what I want to see but I doubt Emery will go for it in league games.

Well we have to start somewhere and playing the same defenders with their lack of confidence will probably give the same poor result.
We need central defenders who are just that defenders and we need to stop passing the ball out from the back to defenders who have two or three opposition players standing close to then trying to close them down.
Will Emery change tactics ? Not convinced he’s confident enough to give it a go considering he can’t make his mind up what system to play on a constant bases.

Chambers would be exposed just as much as the others

1 Like

Yep. Our system is wrong. Chambers would fuck up as much if not even more as the others.

We let in 30+ shots last night. That will be too much for even the best defenders.

We need Xhaka out, he’s like playing with a fucking man down, he made Cleverly look like Zidane out there yesterday. You can’t play in this league if you can’t run it’s pretty much that simple.

3 Likes

Yeah to be clear, I wasn’t disagreeing with you… we are so sh*t, I’d be fine throwing Chambers out there… hard to see how it gets worse.

Chambers is a player who has at to play against the prem teams while being in Fulham football club and I’m not saying he’s the complete answer but he’s been blooded by that experience and I feel his mind set may be good for us at this critical time. God knows we need something

1 Like

Emery doesn’t like too many people, and focusing on “not playing” the players he doesn’t like but not trying to improve them and make them to fit in to his system.

1 Like

Yes, yes, yes!

I wish his only problem were his legs.
He’s just not a very good player. Just as he’a slow in his movement he’s the same with his thinking. Waaay to slow to spot a pass, and even when he sees it it usually takes him so much time to actually execute it. And passing is supposed to be his specialty.

That’s the biggest issue actually. He’s a bang average passer, and he acts like he’s god damn xabi alonso/pirlo. Managed to fool a lot of people with that, including myself… I took it for granted at the start he’s a great passer, but it was always so strange to see him being so conservative and so slow… I thought he’ll brush that off along the way… but there’s just nothing there. The swiss charlie adam like some people said at the start.

2 Likes

Legit think this is one of the most accurate take on Emery the past 4 years.

Really grew into the game tonight. Obviously not a true right back but some of his passing was great. Would probably prefer him as a utility player to AMN.

Also why the fuck did I post this on the Guendo thread - thanks Flex.

3 Likes

I thought Chambers played a good game tonight with few mistakes. Would like to see him play more prem games

1 Like

2 games
2 wins
2 clean sheets

:xhaka2:

8 Likes

I am happy to see him proving people wrong.

1 Like

Me too.

For Burnley.

I don’t want to see any of that back 4 in our Prem line ups. I know we’re supposed to be happy because we won a game in the shitty Europa League. But nah.

Clean sheet or not, that lot can get in the bin.

1 Like