Calum Chambers

Motm for me today. Done a lot to make us risk free and game management spot on.

1 Like

All he needs to be is reliable and heā€™ll have a spot in this team. Which he was today.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t even have a kit number on OA :arteta: ruthless.

Iā€™ll add it.

1 Like

Always thought he was a decent defender. Top performance from him.

1 Like

Heā€™s always had quality but like I said about AMN youā€™ll see him fuck up in easier games which is always the concern.

We did the right thing to retain him though because you might as well give him the minutes over Mustafi and hope to sell on for some of that juicy English HG tax.

I liked the fact he was just no nonsense today with the ball. None of this trying to be cute which half the time exposes us to conceding silly chances and goals!

2 Likes

Did really well. I felt chilled with him in defence compared to Sokratis.

Good competition at the back now, Iā€™d start Calum next to Luiz ASAP for now tbh.

Swapping the Chambers we saw today for Mustafi is like a new signing.

He will be tested much more this season than he was today but that was definitely a promising performance from someone a lot of us probably thought wouldnā€™t be at the club by now.

Chamberā€™s played well for Fulham last season with the two games I watched and I felt if he could bring that attitude to us he will be welcome. I know we have a long way to go but good start.

Donā€™t want to get too carried away as itā€™s ā€˜onlyā€™ Newcastle, but good return to Arsenal with a solid performance. Having been away from the whole ā€˜Wengerā€™ system for a while, Iā€™m quite curious to see under Emery if he get more out of him than Arsene ever could. His time away and knowing he has to fight now to stay at Arsenal might just give him the boost and motivation he needs.

You would wouldnā€™t you ? After all he is your namesake.

1 Like

Think being away from Arsene and not being partnered with Mustafi will help him tremendously.

The spell at Fulham has clearly done him good. A mile better than Mr Mistake Mustafi who will hopefully realise the time to fight for his place in the team was last year, not this. Hopefully this is the final nail in Mustafiā€™s coffin and heā€™s sold to a less competitive league in the next few weeks.

Feel with Chambers back and Luiz in the squad now we are a step up this season although would have loved it if we had Maguire who looked class for United today.

4 Likes

Baby steps guys. Calum should have a run though regardless.
Wonder how heā€™ll fair against Liverpool and Spurs.

Yeah if he can play like that consistently enough, then Iā€™m pretty happy with him as 4th choice for now behind Sok, Luiz and Holding.

Itā€™s not terrible and at least we have some decent characters in there now and a bit of grit.

2 Likes

Deserves another chance. Was brilliant against Newcastle then hasnt had a look-in for someone who has been an absolute joke.

Starts next game for me.

8 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Emery doesnā€™t like him, if he did he wouldnā€™t chase up our board for another defender. Holding will play a league match sooner than Chambers.

Thatā€™s the kind of ballsy management that you canā€™t expect from Emery the Eunuch

1 Like