Calum Chambers

We had all this with Wilshire at Bournemouth. Really dont want him back.

1 Like

Came across all of this and figured, well itā€™s 9 months later, letā€™s give Jake what he wants. And to be fair to our @Calum, he was mostly correct. Chambers played 31 times in the League for Fulham, so thatā€™s almost a full season :giroud:

Guess itā€™s now a question of whether Emery elects to do anything with him over the Summer, or sells him anyways. Iā€™m still pretty non plussed about him. Would only keep him if we some how fail to strengthen at the back and short on numbers.

1 Like

Watched him live once at the Cottage this season against Chelsea. He was really impressive. His confidence has grown for sure. Iā€™d not be against seeing how he fairs next season.

Is it too late now to say sorry? @shamrockgooner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But has he been playing as a CB or as a DM?

1 Like

Either although seems to have found his home at DM, Torreira canā€™t play every game and Chambers would be a good enough deputy IMO, in some games they could play together in a three . Then of course thereā€™s the fact he can play at CB and even fill in at RB in dire straits.

Would like to see him stay next season.

2 Likes

Bring in another experienced CB in his prime(26-29), Dunk is a good shout.
Kos, experienced CB, Sokratis, Holding and Chambers. Thatā€™s a solid 5 imo.
Mustafi out, Pleguezuelo and Mavro out on loan.
Revaluate next summer and slowly start cutting out on Kos, Sokra, etc.

1 Like

Iā€™d bring him back but only if he loses the shaved head look.

The nice thing about Chambers is the versatility. We should sell Elneny if Chambers can do the job at DM. Emery loves a good dm btw :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Crucial word that most as he played mostly in midfield. I think. I didnā€™t watch Fulham like. :gunnersaurus:

@Calum the best Iā€™ll give you is that we were both right. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to keep Chambers as a squad player if weā€™re getting rid of Elneny. It shouldnā€™t negate from us buying a top, top quality CB though.

2 Likes

@Calum :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

The kind of PL proven signings we need :uk:

2 Likes

If we donā€™t sell heā€™s a very decent squad option. Better than Mustafi, Elneny, Mavro, Jenkinson, Lich

Canā€™t disagree even though I didnā€™t really watch him this season. Happy to have been (basically :grin:) wrong on him, or more specifically, on Fulham making use of him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Watched a couple of Fulham games and thought his attitude had improved as a harder working player. He will be a good squad player imo.

Did he play CB for them?

He did at the start of the season and was garbage. But then they moved him to DM.

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t know how useful heā€™ll be to us, I donā€™t think weā€™ll deploy him there and I doubt heā€™ll be happy sitting on the bench week in week out after having a season as the main man. So perhaps we should look to move him on while his stock is high (ish) ā€“ one of the comments likens him to MakĆ©lĆ©lĆ© ( :joy: ) so we should be able to get a decent fee for him.

1 Like

Watched a lot of Fulham this season including one live vs Chelsea. He always s seemed to stand out, but not sure if thatā€™s saying much in that team. He did look very comfotable in DM though.

Really tells you why they went down if Chambers is their player of the season

3 Likes