Bukayo Saka (7)

Kid won’t ever leave us unless we throw him out !? He bleeds Arsenal !!!

This is a very good point and certain aspects go for Martenelli and ESR.
People get squeamish if you say stuff like this but it’s a realisation of how much potential there is in the player rather than naively believing you have that player now.
It’s why true talented players like Sterling have developed into better all round talents.

1 Like

…who was also coached by mighty Mikel :sunglasses: Sterling does genuinely give Arteta a lot of credit for his development.

And like you said earlier, I think Arteta deserves some credit for Saka’s development too. He has found Saka’s best position and managed him well IMO. Pretty sure I read that Arteta was instrumental in getting Saka to extend his contract as well

1 Like

This was Tierney with Celtic. If we don’t improve within a few years Saka might want to go to a better team like Tierney did

1 Like

He definitely will like Sterling did at Liverpool.

Saka is 19 years old.
If he wants to leave, he will do so at 23-24.

Are you guys going to spend the whole of next 3-4 seasons pondering over it?

Yes. What of it?

He won’t be here that long if we don’t improve and better clubs take an interest.

Well then man the fuck up & stop being a whinny bitch

1 Like

Never

How can I counter that?
Be more considerate when you reply

1 Like

Neigh.

2 Likes

Love the kid, but thought he had a pretty poor game last night, didn’t really go on any of his dribbles and overhit a lot of his crosses.

3 Likes

Fair, he’s allowed to have off days though. He saved us one too many times. :sweat_smile:

Btw, am I the only one who feels he is much better having ESR, Cedric and possibly Laca too to combine with? He isn’t clicking well with Hector and Martin, and Auba doesn’t play much with his back against the goal.

He’s slowed down since January tbh but that’s to be expected, he was never going to carry us throughout a whole season and its not fair to expect him to.

It’s good that others are stepping up by chipping in.

1 Like

Yeh he’s dipped a bit however he still has a knack of producing moments which is really encouraging.

We need our best players playing as much as possible, especially in the ‘business end of the season’ but I have the fear we might be pushing it with Bukayo at a young age. He’s taken a lot of knocks from opponents, played a bundle of games this season and rarely gets a sub and I totally understand. However, we’re able to manage the likes of ESR and Partey, with their injury woes. I feel like we need to extend that courtesy to Saka too, we have decent options to step in.

Yeah, not a great performance by any stretch. He’ll be judged more harshly now, every time we are struggling in a game or need a goal, I am expecting him to make the difference and it won’t always happen. Still 19.

1 Like

Still think his first touch is pretty bad. Needs a bit of work.

1 Like

Injury or tactical decision?

Hopefully just substituted due to fatigue of playing so many minutes in recent times.

2 Likes