Bukayo Saka (7)

Guy needs a break badly.

Why not give Pepe a 4 or 5 game run?! He’s fresh and raring to go. Makes complete sense.

11 Likes

He gets targeted a lot. He’s probably feeling battered lately.

This is a perfect situation for Saka. His teammates are taking the weight of carrying us off him. He can start getting rested now and he will have less players targeting him when he does play.

1 Like

Answered your own question lol

6 Likes

He’s had more poor than good games recently and his questionable first touch looks even more suspect than usual.

Too many minutes and too much early success. The guy needs a break and needs to go back to coming off the bench for a little bit just to refresh him.

His quality and potential is obvious, let’s not ruin that by relying on a kid.

6 Likes

Yeah it is hard to remember a player who was a star young that actually went on to have a long career. Definitely need to be careful.

1 Like

Sterling?

2 Likes

He could use a breather just as ESR did.

Absolutely no need to push him now, especially when you have Pepe in his position, who recently seems eager to make an impact and also needs games, but has been constantly interrupted by Arteta’s selections.

A game or two on the bench wont kill his progress after all the games he’s played in the last year.

11 Likes

It sounds like he had a small hamstring problem. We should sit him Thursday and Sunday and then hold him back from England duty. Get him two full weeks of rest and light training and have him fresh for the run in.

2 Likes

Injury or no injury he’s been off the boil the past few games and should be dropped on form for Pepe.

Young players can’t sustain top level PL form for too long at a time I don’t care who you are. Deserves a well earned rest for a for games because we will need him firing in the business end of the season.

5 Likes

Also he wasn’t included in the England u21 squad! Could mean good news for him joining the first team squad for the Euros.

I’ll take a punt on being shit

5 Likes

Don’t play him ffs

6 Likes

Exactly. ESR is fresh, and so is Pépé. Both of them deserve a start so it’s not an even a difficult decision to make.

4 Likes

Absolutely no need to play him when his form is clearly patchy and the kid has basically carried our attacking threat for most of the season.

Pepe is playing well, ESR is fluid, Odegaard is fresh and Auba has no excuses but to be fully motivated this Thursday.

2 Likes

I hope he makes good use of his subs. Hopefully we wrap the game up early and we can bring in Laca, Willian and Martinelli. Important that he keeps them happy while also resting some key players for West Ham.

1 Like

Please give him the night off tomorrow, or at the very least only have him on the substitute bench.

1 Like

Should rest him completely on the injury and use that as our reason for resting him from international duty as well. Business end of the season now. Well Europa but you get the point.

8 Likes

Out of the San Marino game with the same hamstring issue. Why is still with England? I’m sure he badly wants to be there to better cement his place for the Euros but the club really needs to step in and bring him home ffs.

2 Likes

Is he with the NT now? I was watching Laca’s IG stories and he was at Conley with the boys.
My understanding is he will join the NT later on if he’s OK.

1 Like