Bukayo Saka (7)

Its fucking hilarious every time.

1 Like

We probably should, but we wonā€™t. Pepe Defence Force donā€™t get down like that. The party line is that he will come good as soon as we have a good coach.

2 Likes

Not soon then

5 Likes

most likely at a bigger club

2 Likes

No Kevin

3 Likes

2 Likes

Letā€™s be real here- the kids playing well but heā€™s got 1 assist and 2 goals to his name in 14 games thatā€™s hardly groundbreaking numbers.

Heā€™s also started 13 games for Arsenal in the league this season whereas Pepe has started 4 and played around 450 minutes which is the equivalent of 5 games lol.

I love Sakaā€™s contribution and energy but letā€™s not act like heā€™s done a whole lot this season. Most games heā€™s played heā€™s been pretty sloppy and mindless in possession and itā€™s only the last couple games that his performances have picked up a little.

5 Likes

This is an important point. But he did play most of the season as this weird wingback who turns into a left sided advanced midfielder role in a totally dysfunctional team. We were basically wasting our most creative attacker by making him do a bunch of other things at the same time. And while struggling at times with that complicated role he still usually looked like our most dynamic player.

He and Martinelli both have a ways to go to become top top players but I really think both have truly elite potential and, as long as they avoid career wrecking injuries, they will at the very least be useful players who belong comfortably at a top four club.

2 Likes

Probably tearing up the Bundesliga. Still wearing red though.

Or if he is as good as Zaha, heā€™ll be playing for Crystal Palace and trying to get a top half finish, but never quite managing it.

3 Likes

I thought we were friends. How could you? Still mad about my country music comment?

Kinda, itā€™s more that I am insulted that you suggested I listen to Dua Lipa

3 Likes

Her new album is perfectly acceptable disco revival for running, driving or toddler dancing. It entertained Maddie enough to allow me and Meredith to maintain our sanity. Iā€™ll always be a fan now. :arteta:

Any music would entertain a toddler. Try some good music next time. For Maddieā€™s sake as well as yours. You donā€™t want her to get bullied at school.

1 Like

Iā€™ll bet youā€™d suggest Meredith take over the musical education, eh? A steady diet of Luke Bryant and Kelsea Ballerini?

That would be a massive improvement on your nonsense, yeah. Luke Bryan is a bit too cheesy though, so ideally Iā€™d go with Zac Brown Band and Miranda and/or Carrie

1 Like

1 Like

I am looking at both the players since the start of 2019-20 season.
While Pepe was struggling to find his feet and we as fans were trying to rationalize his form on the unfamiliarity of the league, managerial oversight, unfavourable system etc; Saka at 18 years old comes into the same league in an unfamiliar position during the same managerial troubles and just gets on with it.
Saka shows that your quality, while affected by factors outside your control, should not be so suppressed that you are completely useless. Pepe is just too timid and we should have scouted his temperament a bit more.

We donā€™t even know how much Saka upstages Pepe during training.

2 Likes

I understand the overall sentiment but Iā€™ve been saying on this forum for years I never attach too much to young players who arrive and burst into the scene because young players often play with a fearlessness to prove themselves and they try to actively impose their personality on the pitch. How long they can sustain that for is what ends up defining them. Itā€™s why I never bought into the Dele Alli hype for example.

But my overall point stands - neither of them have actually been particularly good this season anyway. Saka has had his moments and Pepe hasnā€™t even had an opportunity to have his.

1 Like

This kid doesnā€™t have an abundance of G/A production this year, but then no one at Arsenal really does.

What I will say is for 19 the guy is super impressive, looks to be positive and often makes smart decisions for someone his age. Heā€™s gaining super experience by already playing 40 + league games at his age.

When Saka is 22/23 I seriously believe we could have a very good player if he keeps grounded and fine tuning his game with hopefully better players around him.

1 Like