Bukayo Saka (7)

Deleted

1 Like

ā€¦

3 Likes

Looking like heā€™s going to extend. What a fucking relief.

This kid is one of the very few bright sparks in a dire campaign. Him and Martinelli need to turn into stars - they could form the spine of our attack for a good few years if they continue their current rate of development.

He doesnā€™t look like another Iwobi to me. I never thought Iwobi was really that elite in terms of potential. Saka appears to have a much higher ceiling and his physical attributes are superior.

5 Likes

Glad he signed because it gives him time to prove to me what others see that I donā€™t.
Iā€™d be very tentative of building the kid up personally.

2 Likes

Iā€™m usually quite reluctant to hype a young player. For example, I donā€™t rate Guendouzi. Seems to me that Saka is in a different bracket though.

His decision making in terms of cut backs / crossing for a kid his age is very rare. Iā€™m basing it a lot on his final ball and his adaptability to different positions, less so his ball carrying (which is still good).

Fair enough but Iā€™m not quite seeing that. Seems to be involved and willing to look for the ball but Iā€™ve not seen anything major yet.
Just seems some make him out on a young Sterling level of talent.

1 Like

Yep, definitely looks to have higher potential than Sterling.

Iā€™m with @Stroller on this one. The kid looks eager but I havenā€™t seen anything to justify being too excited (personally).

Plus I always tend to be a bit cautious with younger talents because when They break in thereā€™s always a considerable degree of enthusiasm but itā€™s whether they can stamp their personality on the game as they get older thatā€™s important.

I definitely like the kid though.

1 Like

In terms of goals or assists per game in all competitions this season:
13/32 Saka (41%)
17/42 TAA (40%)
10/42 Andrew Robertson (24%)
28/40 Sterling (70%)
Saka is producing an equivalent, (if not better) attacking output than Liverpoolā€™s full backs, all while being in his first real season of competitive football and playing out of position for a far weaker team. At 18 years old.
Of course there are other things to consider than just statistical output, but assuming Liverpoolā€™s players are more clinical than ours his comparable assists figure should be even higher.

If you canā€™t get excited about Saka in this squad of mediocrity then God help you supporting this club going forwards.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an opinion. Calm down lol

Iā€™m partially with him tbh. What Saka has shown all season long is outstanding promise. We have of course seen unfulfilled promise before though and thatā€™s where the fear of praise comes in. To me though that mindfulness of the future takes away from him being recognised as the revelation he has been here and now in this horrible season. This kids talent has been on show in multiple positions too which stands out massively. Absolute must to keep this lad at the club.

I find it interesting how positive people are on Martinelli in comparison to Saka when Saka has been impressive very consistently for a lot longer.

The only caveat is Sakaā€™s output is skewed by the weaker Europa League. His key passes per game is 2-3 higher in the Europa

But Saka is only 18, so heā€™s not near his prime yet. And still he looks a level or 2 above Iwobi who was 20-21 when he broke through.

1 Like

I think itā€™s partly that Martinelli has technical traits that are top draw where as Saka has more pace so can play a role out wide. Not that he doesnā€™t get his head up and pick intelligent passes too.

Errrrr. Why

He gave his opinion, I gave mine, what are you getting upset about? :joy:

1 Like

His performance against United at Old Trafford was sublime. Heā€™s performed better than expected for an 18 yr old in their rookie season. Heā€™s got genuine talent and we need to keep hold of him at all costs.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Very tricky with this one. I find myself agreeing with a lot of you partially.

Itā€™s good that heā€™s signed, but Iā€™m not doing cartwheels because of it. He could end up being awesome, he could end up being awful.

Iā€™m not sold that if we had let him go, he could have been another Gnabry. I do agree, however, that he looks better than Iwobi. He could even be better than Walcott and Oxlade Chambercunt.

One thingā€™s for sure- he needs the right guidance off the pitch all the time. Mentally and physically, he has to become a footballing (almost ā€œmindlessā€) beast.

People say all manner of profanities on this forum and no-one cares, but say ā€œGod help youā€ and everyone loses their minds :joy:

1 Like