Bukayo Saka (7)

Now we just need to tie Martinelli down to a long term contract.

Fucking hell man, they did the same shit with Wilshere. Overblowing their worth, making it harder to renew.
He’s an 18 year old kid ffs, Wrighty should think a bit before he says shit like that. Saka’s first worry at this age is getting game time and having the right foundation to develop, not worrying about getting 150k a week. It’s moronic shit like this that make boy wonders end up in League 2 at their prime because they got sweetened by money. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Feel like Ornstein’s dropped down a tier since joining The Athletic :poop:

5 Likes

I wonder what’s hated on OA more The Athletic or Love Island :joy::joy::joy::joy:

He really has.

It’s like looking at the Schumacher that was at Mercedes, or the Michael Jordan that was at the Wizards.

I’m glad he’s getting a big payday but…

2 Likes

It’s not about hating The Athletic but about what he says these days…‘it could happen’, ‘or he doesn’t know’ etc. It seems like he really doesn’t have the access to information to either confirm or deny anything like he used too. But is basically guessing like all of us. Which is fair play to him, at least he doesn’t become another Balague.

I feel like you’re overselling Mr Ornstein a bit here. :slight_smile:

Surely it’s better if he is asked a question and says he doesn’t know instead of making stuff up? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Agreed. Was just editing my post ;).

1 Like

Fantastic ball he played in on the free kick, wish Mustafi was able to get something on it.

What’s going on with his contract situation ? I’ll fucking rage if we lose him.

I have a feeling he’s holding out for a big CHO style contract, which he frankly does not deserve. I’d be even angrier if we gave him a huge money, long term deal when he has shown nothing to suggest he deserves that kind of deal.

8 Likes

Doesn’t help when Ian Wright used CHO as example of what Saka should be earning as well.

1 Like

I agree, however, such is the nature of football that this is common practice even after a very short window of good performances.

What are his options if he were to leave? He isn’t getting this much football at another supposed top club neither would they pay him such a wage, wouldn’t be surprised if we cave though. Even AWB is reportedly on around 80K a week after a whole season of excellence.

@Mr_Nostalgia Yeah I’ve seen that, Wright should STFU, that kind of thing is a joke coming from someone with such strong affiliation to the club.

IW just wants these young black kings getting paid, understandable.

I think we can come to a nice compromise, a deal is probably closer than it looks.

When do young black players with a good level of talent not get paid especially at big clubs?

No need for him to speak on it publicly IMO

Tbh Wright has a big gob and won’t shut up

1 Like

Going to bed now. Wake me up when this guy signs. The only contract signing I want to read about!

2 Likes

He wants Liverpool to win the league mate.