Bukayo Saka (7)

:joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Saka show a lot of promise in this role. That however is no guarantee that he will continue the progression as a left forward.

Honestly he occupies the same kind of space a LW does and he seems to be pretty tight in close spaces so I have no doubt heā€™ll be able to do a top job as a LW especially when he has Tierney covering and overlapping.

That left side is going to be fucking LEGIT.

Now we just need Bellerin to sort his shit out or get a new RB because Pepe is looking real on the right hand side.

Fuck me. Auba, Laca, Martinelli and Nketiah. We might be on to something here for the future.

1 Like

Gold

I was complaining about him earlier in the season because of lack of end product but whereas youngsters like Nelson and Willock Willock havenā€™t improved, Saka has been impressive.

2 Likes

The difference being that in this case he has a huge distractor for the opposition in Aubameyang.

2 Likes

No idea if theyā€™re reliable butā€¦

tenor

4 Likes

I think our luck is turning at least in one respect with a crop of young players coming through.

Saka and Martinelli both look extremely promising and having brilliant seasons. Iā€™ve enjoyed watching these two very much this year.

Hopefully it continues and we see Nelson, Nketiah, Smith-Rowe and Willock all kick on too. Even Maitland-Niles is young enough to get a lot better although think maybe heā€™s plateaud out now.

Given our debt repaying and reduction business model itā€™s vital we develop wind falls through the developing youth if we are to get back to a consistent CL standard.

4 Likes

Maitland-Niles can be considered deadwood. Needs to be sold in the summer.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s probably right and heā€™s not going to do a Serge Gnabry on us. Heā€™s got a few months to raise his game and press his case for a start in midfield or put Bellenderin under real pressure for the right back slot.

I think heā€™s probably shot his load now and this is as good as weā€™re going to get from him though so regrettably youā€™ll probably be right on this one. Even so Iā€™m hoping he can raise his game and given recent improvements in Mustafi and Xhaka I havenā€™t given up on the idea of him coming much stronger again.

Wouldnā€™t be shocked if heā€™s moved on or is sent out on loan. I think the fact he complained about playing right back instead of doing a job for the team, shows heā€™s not a team player. I do think maybe moving him on getting a decent fee for him might be best for both parties.

2025 :clap:

2 Likes

Glad to see he can now get some rest with Tierney coming back.

Began flagging a bit.

One of the best things about this season, will be knowing that him and Martinelli and Nelson will still be around and playing for us next season

3 Likes

I donā€™t share the same enthusiasm for Nelson (although I do believe thereā€™s more to him than heā€™s shown us this season) but Iā€™m definitely happy about the development of Saka and Martinelli.

Is Tierney almost back?

In full training now breh

1 Like

Ooft if weā€™re lucky we might see him get a game or two!

2 Likes

Hope so. What a fucking gem he is at this age.