Bukayo Saka (7)

in the group stage :bergkamp:

Seeing the comments on Bukayo’s post and noticing a bunch of former current and former gooners congratulating him, and then there’s Tammy, Fikayo and Rice. :henry2:

Glad they’re teaching them well at Cobham. London is :red_circle:.

Yeah that’s a great contract for Saka. Fair play to the agent

Saliba’s camp are probs licking their chops rn

1 Like

He should be getting nowhere near that.

3 Likes

I genuinely think we’re going to lose Saliba this summer. Can’t see him signing, but if he does go I hope we get a really good fee for him.

1 Like

lol pay the rate or somebody else will.

Saliba on £200k+ p/w doesn’t offend me, Fofana who is less accomplished is on that already

1 Like

Well, if those are his demands(you would hope not) then he’s free to go.

Let’s be honest, Saliba has had a period of 3-4 great months, then dropped off and then got a mystery injury that we’re still unsure about.

Difference between Saliba and the likes of Saka, Martinelli and Gabriel(also renewed his deal) is that they’ve got a body of work here that’s 2-3 years long. They very much earned their deals.

Anything beyond £150k pw, we’re getting rinsed.

4 Likes

Well timed announcement from the club and great to have this over the line.

Give the lad competition and some well planned rest.

Don’t really care too much about body of work when we’re talking about a generational talent at his position.

The back injury isn’t deemed serious enough to warrant surgery and so I think that is being overblown also.

This isn’t like we’re giving an over the hill Auba or Ozil the bag.

1 Like

Such a good deal for him in terms of contract length. We have two years to make it count.

1 Like

None of this shit matters really, it purely about leverage which Saliba has alot of considering his progression and contract length. He can very easily command ÂŁ250k+ in the on market now probs more by 2024, the likes of Chelsea, PSG or United would not hesitate to pay that.

My view is Arsenal got a win on the original transfer fee, Premium young CBs are going for at least £70m+, a bumper wage to protect his market value and retain one of the best u23 CB prospects who’s shown more than enough to be a key piece of Arteta’s sytem is a no brainer to me.

It’s smart business really when you consider the full picture, you’re def not going to pluck a similar type player on the cheap.

2 Likes

Indeed.

It’s not always about proving you deserve it another aspect with particulaly talented young players is projection and it’s easy to do that and see him developing into a Rolls Royce of a CB and one of the very best in Europe.

Don’t really see how losing him to save some M’s and going out and trying to buy a talent that may not even be on par is a win when you consider you’d have to pay a huge fee in addition to the wages e.g. the likes of Gvardiol.

1 Like

Nice stats but I can’t get past the fact that Saka is playing too many games.

A great achievement but he needs suitable back up so that he isn’t playing +50 games every season.

https://twitter.com/orbinho/status/1661002203862282240?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

3 Likes

Saliba isn’t getting £250k+ per week from any club in Europe.

4 Likes

Think the wages are high now but 3-4 years down the line he’ll be well worth it. Just a shame the deal isn’t 5 years or at least 4 with an option to give us more room.

Thought we learned with Theo about these shorter deals that you practically start renewing again not long after they’ve begun. Saka is still so young even a 6 year deal would’ve been great from our perspective, pull a Chelsea.

His agent is no mug, they probably never entertained such a lengthy contract.

They’ve learned from Kane and Zaha.

*Todd Boely has entered the chat

Best news of the day! Finally acting like a big club getting our top players signed up to new contracts. Also really positive that this is during the season, as opposed to during the summer, where we would just have endless speculation over whether he was going or not. I would have preferred 5 years rather than 4, but maybe this is the agent ensuring he can get another increase in his salary. Means we have to be on it over the next few years and keep the project moving forward. Absolutely love this guy!

1 Like

We aren’t keeping Saliba here on 125k per week either, I honestly think it’ll take near enough 200k for him to sign a new deal.

Saliba is easily good enough to walk into PSG on big money.

1 Like

You think PSG are signing him and paying him more than any of their current CBs?