Bukayo Saka (7)

Don’t make me think of… :ozil: :ozil: :ozil:

see what I said…

I hope we can have a different manager/coach, or at least we play a tactics that can maximize his potentials; Or, he is better to be a LB

This is exactly how his last contract negotiation went and he eventually signed for a reported 30k a week. I don’t see what’s changed from his point of view that he wouldn’t sign another bumping himself up to 100/120k a week this time round. Even if he signs on to 2027 he’d still only be 25 leaving the club and have plenty of time to achieve what he wants in the game.

He’ll sign and be a big player for us a couple more years at least.

Seeing Foden and Mount playing CL and having a bigger paycheck, it is not so certain he will stay, if a CL club is coming for him

1 Like

Signing Saka to a new long-term contract should definitely be our biggest priority. There is no youth project if our biggest prospect leaves.

They were doing that last time he signed too. This is just something else for people to needlessly worry about. At the end of the day he’s not gonna leave England right now and City aren’t gonna come in and his options after that are slim.

Stop panicking.

2 Likes

Arteta signing a new deal certainly helps.
Whether people like it or not, many of our players, especially the ones that signed under him or got time under him will want him to stick around and will feel more confident committing their future here as long as he is here.

1 Like

Ridiculous that this young man is expected to carry our attack. We need some quality around him. Auba (he did his thing), Laca and Pepe didn’t do the job thsy were supposed yo in being role models, who took the pressure off Bukayo. I hope we bring in 3 high quality forwards in the summer so that ESR, Martinelli and Saka aren’t expected to carry us.

Saka looked knackered last night.

4 Likes

He is the only one of our young players with top tier potential imo. The rest are good but not great talents.

I think Saka will hang around for another 2 years or so and then head to City or Liverpool when we’re still a Europa League level club in 24 months and it’s proven the youth project was a false economy.

2 Likes

Was definitely expecting a better return across the board in general but I understand everyone is dead inside and too apathetic to feel outrage at excellent bait.

None of Saka, ESR or even Gabi going to catch any heat from me for this season’s end but I do think Edu and Arteta really need to realize these kids are a ridiculous luxury and asset to have at the club but we simply can’t rely on them to win us every game. Not fair on the fans, not fair on the young lads.

4 Likes

Saka giving a better interview than the leader Xhaka…

You can’t win anything with kids

1 Like

Or an old ass Xhaka/Elneny pivot

1 Like

We’ll make a big promo of his new contract in the summer. Milk it like it’s a new signing.

I can’t see him leaving yet.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone sees him leaving right away. But some see him leaving within the next 2-3 years.

2 Likes

I don’t rule it out.

1 Like

Like they did for Auba. :sob:

If he leaves, he leaves. Fuck getting ourselves twisted for these underachieving fucks.

2 Likes

Man, he is 20. He has an FA Cup and Euro final under his name playing for Arsenal and England. :rofl:

1 Like

As a non-english Arsenal fan, I really do give a fuck about a Euro cup final appearances. That is true.

I think we’ll get a 2 year extension from him but he won’t sign a long term deal