BT Sport

There’s no value for these TV companies in spending lofty sums for the Premier League. People are shifting away from contract style subscriptions and shifting towards on demand and streaming sites. Sky and BT spent billions on a TV package that never represents value for money.

The formation of the ESL was an attempt to capitalise on the growing global market because ultimately the domestic TV deals have absolutely peaked and will never command those kind of sums again. That’s why the PL are trying to get the existing deals rolled over for another cycle.

2 Likes

There was plenty of value for BT at the start but they’ve got what they needed now so don’t need to continue.

BT was a big step forwards for this shit channel and is way better than what came before. I hope something better comes of this.

BT are fucking shit and a total rip off. The sooner I can watch PL on Disney and Prime the better.

Tired of having to get dodgy streams every week because I don’t want to fork out £70 a month for BT and Sky.

5 Likes

Costs me £62 a month for now tv sport and the bt monthly pass

Can cancel any time you like aswell.

1 Like

I pay 32 for Sky Sports on Now TV for the footy and F1. I sourced a BT login from a pal who works for them for the matches on BT Sport.

Honestly couldn’t care for the ridiculous Sky packages for everything else. There’s always other sources :wink:

Disney + is £8 and I get access to their entire catalogue of movies and programs as well as Marvel and Star Wars content.

Prime is £70 a year for free next day delivery as well as their enormous back catalogue of content.

That’s £14 a month, much better value for money if they get the football as well imo

1 Like

7 Likes

tbh I have no interest in prime or disney or Netflix

So that £62 doesn’t bother me

Do you think prices would stay as they are though? If any of the streaming services got a large chunk of the football, I can’t see them just giving it to us for free.

They wouldn’t, but the Netflix and Prime models of appealing to the masses at an affordable price are much more sustainable than BT and Sky’s model of fleecing people for as long and hard as they can before it all implodes.

1 Like

They would charge the same as Now TV or The monthly BT pass imo

They usually throw you a half price offer if you click the cancel button. As soon as they try charge me full price I’m out.

I don’t think they will, and if they do it will be a marginal £1 or £2 increase of that.

This will just be a marketing exercise to acquire a new demographic of customers they don’t have - e.g. the Calum’s of the world.

Amazon Prime just dropped $1bn on a new Lord of the Rings show lol companies like Disney and Amazon are swimming in capital and dropping billions on new content to acquire new subscribers is nothing for them. The Mandolorian costs Disney $1.5m per episode to make.

The number of new subscribers and just general increasing their range of content will be worth the price they pay for football rights.

I hope you are right tbf :raised_hands:

1 Like

Say what?

See, I’m thinking that if they have enough games, they’ll make it a separate thing. So “pay £10 extra a month on top of Prime membership if you want Premier League” kinda thing. Any big increase to the regular price to accommodate sport will just be met with outrage from those who don’t watch it.

Yeah I imagine it’ll be something like “Prime Sport” or “Prime Football” as an additional package for customers.

Prime would probably offer some games for free and the majority in an extra subscription. They already do that with subscriptions like Shudder and Funimation within their prime catalogue. Would still be a massive improvement on Sky and BT though.

2 Likes

I always go through the cancel motions a week or two before my contract is up and have therefore essentially never paid full price on now tv.

But mines a rolling month to month contract. Should I set up a monthly meeting with them a few days before renewal :sweat_smile: