BT Sport

Another cunt joins a band of cunts.

1 Like

Someone somewhere going to tell us now how under appreciated he was now. Dont fucking bother please. just horrible to watch.

Crouchy is actually decent.

At least they’ve balanced the cunt-o-meter after hiring RvP.

Until they bin Owen and that blonde twat, I’m not watching it.

1 Like

lol

He left for more money and because we were shit, that’s understandable. He didn’t have to force a move to United, that’s unforgivable.

1 Like

Spoken like a rapist turncoat piece of shit.

3 Likes

He says he left 'cause…

“One of the main facts was that Arsenal got tired of me. That was the starting point – they didn’t offer me a new deal. We had loads of chats with [Arsene] Wenger, with [Ivan] Gazidis. They gave me no decision to make.”

Really? :hipster:

1 Like

He’s so full of shit. Him and Cesc. I weirdly have more respect for Nasri than those two. At least he was transparent about everything and never quit like Cesc did. Who’d have thunk it out of those three that he’d have acted the most professional?

7 Likes

wow, look at how he is spinning things. All he has to do is say what he did in his statement all those years ago. now he is trying to get in our good books again?

like what is the point of this whole ‘woe is me’.

Baldie was inept but he wasn’t this inept that he and Wenger would choose not to offer RVP a new contract.

the lack of contract offer was his choice.

If Jake wasn’t a glorified Ceebeebies presenter, may he would have challenged that assertion but alas

Unlike van Persie, who was turning 29 that summer, Nasri (24 years old the summer he moved) had his age working in his favour. If Arsenal weren’t going to grant him a move he had the time to wait and move on a free transfer. It has really nothing to do with being professional. Nasri and his agents had the right leverage. Funny how things like that are forgiven if they don’t get public.

I think he is just a bit clever on the wording and it’s nothing new, nor anything that contradicts the previous stuff. He sneaks it in that they disagreed on a few things bla bla. I don’t think anyone is really lying about anything much, just the details are maybe played down. I think we didn’t technically offer him a contract because negotiations broke down before that step, simple as that. He wanted more than we could give him in terms of probably everything, money, ambition etc. so we cashed in by being absolute idiots and selling him to fucking United so he could win the league for SAF and we made a ~£10m profit that window LOL

Tbh we were probably just tight cunts in the end and decided to get something while the getting was good on an often injured edging on 30yo player instead of trying to be the best we could be and it backfired as fuck.

2 Likes

Idk that Manchester City would have waited around for him. It was probably now or never (well actually then or never) for him to get that type of money.

The journalist below was quite close to RvP’s camp in 2012. He wrote this around the time RvP was being invited to Wenger’s house and not being offered a new contract…

And because he absolutely has to win, that will be Arsenal’s problem: convincing Van Persie that his enormous ambition coincides with that of his club. Do Arsenal really want to win the league? Do they really want to win the Champions League? Van Persie wants to, and if he doesn’t recognise his own drive in the club, he will look elsewhere, however much he and his family enjoy life in village-like Hampstead; however much he enjoys a meal in one of the neighbourhood restaurants with his Arsenal buddy Thomas Vermaelen.

Arsenal’s recent signings have not convinced. Andrey Arshavin was expensive, inefficient and unpopular in the dressing room, Marouane Chamakh a mistake, Gervinho inadequate for the Premier League. And manager Arsène Wenger’s protection of the young midfielder Aaron Ramsey, with his deficient view of the game and meagre statistics (only two goals and four assists all season), doesn’t help much either.

https://www.ft.com/content/49f4621a-aab2-11e1-9331-00144feabdc0

Van Persie really didn’t like Aaron Ramsey :grin:

1 Like

A 25-year old free agent who would have gotten all the exposure as the attacking player because Cesc just left…Nasri would have gotten offers if he stayed.

Not heard anything in that interview that changes my view on van Persie, he really was the lightning rod for our discontent over just how inadequate we’d become in that era, declining to an extent that our best player would trade us in for a freebie title.

1 Like

That’s fine. Most rational supporters have long since accepted that.

What we are taking issue with is this latest attempt to garner sympathy by making it out that the club didn’t want him, like the Ramsey situation where the club withdrew the contract and he left with much more good feelings from the supporters than RVP.

Maybe he wants those relations sorted. Well he’ll be better to just tell the truth. But this kind of blatant dishonesty is only going to get him more hate.

1 Like

Let’s be honest here, RVP left to win titles and cause he did it by going to Utd, he knew he upset quite a few fans and he burned his bridge. Seen as everyone involved with the deal is now gone from the club, he’s trying to get back into Arsenal fan’s good graces. But trying to act like the club didn’t want him and he had no choice to leave, that doesn’t wash with many of us.

Just tell the truth and be done with it, and if you are forgiven or not does it matter he won his PL title and Utd fan’s will love him seen as he was the main reason they won their last title which will probably help him garner more favor as they haven’t won it since. I’m sure some Arsenal fans will forgive him and some won’t. Just lying and trying to change what really happened won’t make things better.

1 Like

Thank fuck.