Bruno Guimarães

Let’s fucking go!

I reckon we’ve dodged a bullet with this one

3 Likes

I’m just happy Arsenal Twitter will finally shut up about the guy and his “underlying” stats.

Well at least he can enjoy his money in the championship, probably end up like some of those early Chelsea and Man City players when they won the lottery, discarded after a couple of years and forgotten.

Unattainable in January apparently…

Only if you’re Arsenal

2 Likes

Yes our window has sucked as usual but to be fair, Newcastle are literally the richest club in the world lol

1 Like

Bruno might be a case where football Twitter and social media convinced themselves he was something that he just isn’t.

The fact that he’s being sold for a reasonable fee and very reasonable wages but nobody - not just Arsenal, but no other club more attractive than Newcastle - wants him says a lot. A lot of teams could use a player in this position too.

1 Like

Tbf Newcastle desperately need a decent midfielder who can control a football and pass… Can’t rely on Shelvey and Willock (who’s not a midfielder for a midfield two), this isn’t 2005.

He should do good for them if there’s any trace of quality in him.

Pretty dumb move on his part when there were interested parties considering him in the summer. He pretty much shot himself on the foot there. Very likely he’s stuck there for the rest of peak years.
He’s 24 now and you would think Newcastle are getting a 5 year contract out of him.
Newcastle ain’t gonna sell him unless he flops so…

Can say that but there’s multiple cases where big clubs have missed out on a player only to try and go for them when they see that they’ve performed at other clubs in the league.

They don’t always get it right at all, will be interesting to see how he performs.

1 Like

Sure but moving to Newcastle now is a commitment. It’s not like he’s moving to Brentford or Watford with a view of showcasing his talent in the PL.
I doubt Newcastle have any plans of selling him unless he turns out shit.

Thats the point though.

If he becomes a star then he’s a player that got away when all you had to do is beat Newcastle to him.

2 Likes

Fair, I’ve mistaken the point you tried to make there.
Just wanted to highlight that from his side it’s a bad move.

My suspicion is that those reports are wrong and the player just hasn’t attracted that much real interest.

Either that or the salary reports are wrong and Newcastle is paying him a fuck ton of money.

Jumping at the chance to make 65k and possibly get relegated just doesn’t make sense otherwise.

2 Likes

17 Likes

Yeh I’m hoping this isn’t another Cabaye or Wijnaldum where you just look on at what might have been but the smaller leagues to EPL landscape was very different back then, you could go get yourself a Kante for £5m now you’re paying £40 for duds like Ndombele. Not saying there isn’t talent in that league, there’s tons of it but the mark up is real.

If we’re giving this a pass in pursuit of someone like Luiz then I think it’s a good play by the club.

1 Like

I haven’t watched him to know much about him but I’m basing my opinion on the fact that Aulas does not sell players for cheap. They paid €20m and apparently agreed to a 20% sell on clause. They’re making virtually no profit off this transfer whatsoever which is unusual for a club like Lyon.

Whilst it’s understandable that they are struggling financially, they’re selling a first team midfielder for a very reasonable sum of money. It’s not like his contract is up in the summer or in 18 months.

1 Like

Wtf?

It’s still on boys!

Newcastle move like amateurs in the market.

Getting mugged off just like they did with Emery

1 Like