Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Arsenal (PL)

Google said no…I mean I said no. :smirk:

Absolutely awful second half. Watching the first 30 minutes I was thinking this was gonna be a comfortable win.

Ridiculous subs from our manager aswell. Takes off Özil and Lacazette for Iwobi and AMN :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They’re shit and in the relegation zone, and we were fucking shit, the response isn’t disproportionate tbh

2 Likes

Don’t rustle my jimmies bro I beg.

2 Likes

Ok fine, sorry, #SackEmery

2 Likes

This was so Wengeresque it wasnt even funny.

We’re 1-0 up on a side which isn’t even pressing and trying to win the ball until we get in the final third, and all we do is go side to side, backwards, side to side over and over and have no fucking penetration at all. Then comes the inevitable joke of a goal to concede.

Then it’s matched by a set of completely bizarre substitutions. Fuck me I’m angry.

Top 4 will be a miracle, it really will be.

Suppose I can’t understand why Guendouzi who is talented but also is clearly not ready consistently plays 90minutes compared to some our seniors, if it’s tactical it don’t make sense, if it’s meritocracy it don’t make sense either.

I don’t understand why Ozil was taken off?

Is he going to be sold? Are these just “put yourself in the shop window” appearances?

Aubameyang isn’t world class

Auba isn’t world class?

Since when, since he missed that second chance? Pull the other one man.

He’s a world class goalscorer though. Don’t expect him to be a world class, complete forward and you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Best striker in the league! Top scorer with 13 goals but he’s not world class :zipper_mouth_face:

Emery is desperate to show how important youth progression is to him as Arsenal manager. It’s pathetic really

2 Likes

I think I’ve heard some ridiculous things about Auba. Great striker, yes. But not world class in my opinion. DT saying he was better than Kane was laughable

Maybe we should have appointed Arteta after all… :speak_no_evil:

Aubameyang doesn’t have World class link up combination play but he’s an elite scorer, bitching about a player on pace for 26 league goals is the most laughable aspect of our bitching.

1 Like

Shit performance and questionable decisions all round on our side.

Keeping Guen and Xhaka on the pitch together when we’re trying to chase a goal felt fucking stupid. It left us way too rigid and one dimensional down the middle.

Then we lacked some real quality on that right hand side with Lich/AMN whenever we did find potential openings.

1 point out of 6 against them and Southampton this month is dismal. Very disappointed

2 Likes

I did say this would be a struggle, and I was sadly right. I wasn’t convinced we would win. I thought Emery got his subs wrong today, no not the Ozil one but the Laca one was such a silly decision. He basically handed Brighton the draw.

No one came out of the game with any credit. Licensteiner can’t play on Saturday, he’s clearly past his best and cost us that game with some silly decisions. Leno just doesn’t convince me in goal at all. Auba although he scored, missed some chances as well and totally went missing in the 2nd half. Ozil was rubbish today, end of. Torreira looks tired. Iwobi, Ramsey and Maitland Niles made us look worse off when they came on.

Said it that this team won’t get top 4 through the PL and I stand by it. Dreading that Liverpool game on Saturday, it could be a high scoring match for them 5 to 6 goals if we play like we have over the last month. Emery has done a good job and getting this team to even 5th. He needs a ton of money and patience from the fans.

1 Like

Getting us to 5th really isn’t an achievement though, from 7th down the league is absolute dross.

Getting this side into the top 6 should be applauded, we ain’t good enough to get top 4 and if anyone thinks we are they are dreaming. This side needs major work done and with our board that won’t be happening over two or three transfer windows. Emery deserves a lot of credit to even have us fighting for top 4 right now.

No getting top 6 shouldn’t be applauded, not when Leicester City are the 7th best side in the league.

What I do agree with is, how much work the squad needs, but despite it not being great it’s still comfortably better than squads 7-20.