Brexit

I feel like that is a bit pedantic. They can stay if they apply - which is completely fair. But yes, they’re affected by having to apply - or if they’re dumb cunts by not following the rules. :joy:

Imagine being a Brexiteer ex-pat in Spain and not applying for fast-track right to remain. Effectively voting for your own deportation.

I wonder if cost had anything to do with this? Not being able to afford lawyer fees or whatever. :thinking:

Good shout, the process no doubt will cost some money. Another effect of Brexit there, another thing to note against that tweet that says they’d be unaffected. Good spot mate :+1:

2 Likes

You insufferable…[redacted] :joy:

1 Like

Jake being pedantic? Never! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Haters use pedantic as a synonym for correct :smirk:

2 Likes

I am unaffected by your claims. #Brexitmeansbrexit

In other news, our fishing waters that are totally ours again now, aren’t totally ours again - this time it’s the Danes breakin regs. Fuck you @Cristo

I thought by April 2021 we are meant to be starving with no food, have no petrol and noone working in the NHS and we are all just unemployed rolling around in mud. And that’s without factoring it the pandemic

Actually, I had a quick glance at Leave.Eu’s twitter after reading the pic in Jake’s post. Apparently, “global business leaders” (whomever and however many they may be is anyone’s guess) find Britain more attractive than ever now we’ve left.

Also, Britain is building Berlin’s new buses. While the EU makes our passports. What a funny world.

1 Like

I’d be interested in reading whatever it was that made these claims. Assuming you’re not just referencing some random twitter cunt

1 Like

It’s not up to me to provide details if you’re curious about claims of people rolling in mud, you have a search engine

1 Like

That’s what I thought.

1 Like

You’re a fucking genius mate.

1 Like

Things are going well in Northern Ireland too, eh? :grin:

Thank you. Good to get the recognition.

1 Like

Tbf, typing in “brexit shortage of food medicine” gets you page after page after page of serious predictions of all that kind of thing from practically every politician/public figure you could think of. However, it’s mostly in the scenario of a no-deal Brexit. But we got one.

1 Like

“At least when the Germans invaded they kept the lights on,” one Government source said, referring to Jersey’s five years of occupation by Adolf Hitler’s army during World War Two.

From the Telegraph article on this, lol

From that article

British firms exporting to Norway and Iceland will crucially be able to rely on state-of-the-art electronic documentation to facilitate the onerous customs procedures

So if we didn’t leave the EU we’d have to rely on pigeon post?

Don’t be silly. I read Harry Potter. I know you guys use owls.

8 Likes

Me and the other half still often listen to the first 4 HP books just for the sake of having something on as we fall to sleep, and one of my favourite things to do is to occasionally rant about how their world is far stupider and shitter than the muggle world, despite the massive advantage of having magic.

Using owls instead of emails or mobile phones is one. Tbh, the fact that they have entirely rejected electricity is the biggest one, and instead rely on fucking candles etc for no good reason. Adopting muggle technology and science would vastly improve their world. When the gang need info for the tri-wizard tournament they spend hours upon hours poring through hundreds of books in the library, searching in vain for some very niche knowledge. Whereas a muggle would Google it and get the info needed in like a tenth of the time, if not even quicker.

Back to owls, they can literally find anyone. Sirius Black is on the run, whereabouts a mystery to the entire government and justice system, yet an owl knows exactly where you can find him. No address needed, or high level cognitive function on the owls part to understand human instruction, it just knows precisely where this fugitive on the run will be on any given day. Yet no authorities ever write Sirius Black a letter, attach it to an owl, and then track the owl to his location.

I know it’s a kids book, so don’t bother pointing that out and telling me I’m overthinking it, because I know that it is a kids book, that just makes it all the more fun to poke holes in.

Oh, one final thing, Quidditch is the stupidest fucking sport in the world, with the most abysmal scoring system. You can absolutely tell that sport was invented by someone who watches fuck all sport of any description lol

6 Likes