Brexit

EU commission have played this so bad. Plus Macron and the German MEP coming out with no scientific evidence whatsoever to cast doubt over the effectiveness of the AstraZeneca vaccine for over 65s.

If this is how they treat third party countries maybe Brexit isn’t the complete cluster fuck it is lol.

1 Like

EU have basically turned up to the boxing day sales later than the UK and all the good stuff is gone so The EU are suing Marks and Spencer.

1 Like

This is the worse part honestly, it’s the sort of thing you’d expect from Bolsonaro. Lives are at stake here

Could you imagine of the roles were reversed!?

2 Likes

Macron is a pound shop populist tbh, wants to be the next de Gallue but is just clueless!

So glad there’ll never be a border on the Island of Ireland, guys. So glad.

You know… because the idiots in power who are completely trustworthy said it would never happen about a million times since June 2016.

It’s a really dumb move by the EU barely a month into the agreement.

If there was any evidence to suggest this was happening or about to happen fair enough but they have effectively gone nuclear on the very first point of dispute, if you can even call it that considering nothing has happened.

3 Likes

Very dumb move. The issue regarding the AZ vaccine should be with AZ 100%. But instead of focusing all of their anger at the company, they are playing into their hands by making it political.

1 Like

Looks like they are making a U-turn.

RTE news : EU not invoking Article 16 over vaccine exports to UK

1 Like

Sounds like it may have been some trigger happy bureaucrat overstepping the mark.

1 Like

Was totally against Brexit, but have to say the EU have gone down in my opinion as a result of their actions/statements over the last couple of days…they can fuck right off over the vaccines. Should have got their act together earlier. Something we can give Boris some credit for…

We give him credit for fuck all on a 100, 000 deaths.

2 Likes

I’m not saying there hasn’t been a lot of mistakes and indecision. Death toll is totally unacceptable…I am making reference to our vaccination plan…we are way ahead of the EU on that front!

I’m not saying anyone is doing a better job (maybe Israel) but the UK roll out seems to be made up as they go along to me. Maybe that’s the only way to do it.

Im not accusing you of anything.

I am saying that the UK is doing a better job of rolling out a vaccination plan compared to the EU…we got in early with orders for vaccines and hedged our bets on what would get approved first. Vaccination is the way out of this pandemic and I am pleased to see this progressing and hearing more and more people I know getting their first jab.

I know…just don’t want anyone to think I am defending the UK Government…

1 Like

Fair enough.

Thanks to the NHS.

What happens when you hand GPs, councils the resources to do their jobs and leave them alone.

Instead of giving your mates a non-competitive contract to do awful work for big taxpayer money.

World leading vaccination, world-leading clinical trials…

You’re welcome for dexamethasone, you’re welcome for the RECOVERY trial, world.

I’d like our thanks to be the government just funding it properly and funding social care much better to take some pressure off the system, thanks.

3 Likes

All for that approach!

1 Like

Didn’t say otherwise. Just don’t know that it’s massively praiseworthy. Seems to be a lot of riding their luck to me. But if it works, it works.