Brexit

I’ll buy you a Guinness as a welcoming gift.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with USofE thing but I also feel that quite a lot of sentiment on the Leave side was to do with “taking back control” including, but not limited to, the borders and immigration - entering into another agreement on a basis of Free Movement would surely fly in the face of this?

2 Likes

I wonder if Brexit will cause a change in Irish immigration/citizenship policy from the influx of applications? :sweat_smile:

I’m entitled to a passport as it stands. :joy:

They are welcome too , as long as their stunning scotch doesn’t quadruple in price then I’ll be happy , you can keep kilts mind you , my little bit has shrunk bad enough, let alone subjecting it to the cold weather :joy:

1 Like

Fair play mate :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I know you’ve no interest in a Guinness so I dunno…sparkling Tipperary water?

1 Like

Agreed, but Leavers don’t have an issue with people from the Angloshpere coming here.

They usually be white, highly skilled and english speaking who share common values, which makes it much more tolerable. It’s “good” immigration from the sunken mind of hard leavers

1 Like

I’ve had a fabulous Christmas present of making your own Scottish blend whiskey.
Absolutely stunning presents :+1:t2:
Once the contents is consumed you can understand Taggert without subtitles :+1:t2::joy:

3 Likes

What’s your connection? I already have an Irish passport, I jumped on that boat a few years ago, lol. My mum was born in Ireland though, so even if they did change the policy, I think I would still have enough.

Does that taste like Ribena?

Yes.

But only after you add ribena to it.

2 Likes

Lucky. I need an EU passport. @shamrockgooner how you feel about adopting me and the fam? My partner’s a nurse. That comes in handy.

We export more nurses than we import. But sure, stall it.

1 Like

My grandparents on my mum’s side were both Irish and came over after the war. I’d imagine they were still citizens when I was born so I’m sure I could get one.

2 Likes

Can I be Irish can you give me a good word mate? @shamrockgooner

It’s not really my department but I think if you claim to follow Celtic you should be alright.

7 Likes

We should form a OA English immigrants group and turn up on @shamrockgooner ‘s door :grin:

4 Likes

Hail Hail The Celts Are Here! :shamrock:

I’ve already got the Guinness and the sparkling water…yis will have to wait til the travel ban expires tho. :santi:

No guarantees the Guinness survives.

1 Like

I feel like this is a HARD remainer post here. Think this is painting way too harsh a picture. :bergkamp:

1 Like

I can live without Guiness. But some wine and some summer fruits flavoured squash would be good :+1: