Brexit

It will he interesting tbh. Honestly not sure what there is to be gained from diverging there. Potentially useful in financial services but even then I’m highly sceptical of it…

Our economy is based on dealing with the EU roughly 50%. The government has said it wants a free trade deal but that doesn’t mean free movement of goods so our car manufacturers will have to figure out a way of producing vehicles at a good price without using the just in time method (difficult).
They have said that the city of London will lose trading rights with the EU unless they adopt EU regulations (difficult considering the government has stated no alignment).
And that’s just for starters…

1 Like

Then I guess it’s all fine and dandy. Smooth sailing and no worries. I’m convinced and can relax now!

9 Likes

The guy is full of amazing.

3 Likes

Definitely a piss take, surely :grin:

3 Likes

I actually think he’s real

He said hes like 57, but he targets remainers cyclists and females and spends all day winding them up. He might be a real person but his opinions, spelling corrections etc are there to troll people.

Just 100% confirming his suspicions

Definitely a troll haha I’ve been duped

Disgusting.

You’ll be out soon Cal.

1 Like

I bet the EU are quaking in their boots at the thought of not having to deal with Johnson and the Tories.

But the prospect of losing 30+ billion will

Yeah, I’m no expert but Britain is one of the biggest economies in the world and not only that are we not one of the biggest importers? Surely that’s something of a concern to the EU zone of whom we import alot from?

2 Likes

People are forgetting that the euro zone is only 6% of the globe market which is not a lot. So if they do want a deal we could broker a deal with the other 94% of the world

1 Like

53% of UK imports are from the EU.

8% of EU exports are to the UK.

I don’t understand why some Brits believe we’re the ones holding all the cards.

We’re European. We like European things. We’re not going to stop buying VW Golfs so we can buy Chevrolet Cruzes.

10 Likes

Yeah, these a lot of the arguments I see don’t make an awful lot of sense.

The EU is the worlds biggest economy and the most technologically advanced and developed (along with the US).

“Oh we’ll just trade with the rest of the world instead”

Yeah the rest of the world like Senegal, Benin, Paraguay, Turkmenistan, Mali and the Maldives - all of the fantastic amazing products and goods that they produce and manufacture?

Oh sure there’s Japan, China, Russia and the US etc. but they all know that the UK will be desperate for a trade deal and that they can have us over a barrel. They do not have our best interests at heart lol

Already now you can see the US pushing for the NHS and lower quality, unhealthier chlorinated chicken etc.

And look at the the UK and Huawei. We’ve gotta give Huawei access to the UK to keep a China happy so we can get a trade deal but then the Americans will be unhappy so we’ll have to come up with some compromise that makes them both happy rather than what is best the UK and it’s citizens.

Total crapshoot. The UK is not the colonial empire it was 150 years ago.

1 Like

Never said we were holding the cards. But we are officially the EU Zones third biggest trading partner. And we are the second largest country behind America that the zone exports to.

More a response to the dismissive tone of another post about Britain when to the EU it could affect alot of jobs etc and I’m sure it’s actually important to them.