Brexit

That’s some great stand-up material :slight_smile:

The move to rejoin the European Union begins the day after Brexit happens anyway. There’s no end point to all this is there?

Eurosceptics didn’t give up after 1975 and nor should Europhiles after 2019/2020.

It’s going to take generations to heal this rift. You’re no longer Conservative or Labour or Lib Dem, you identify with ‘Leave’ or ‘Remain’ and increasingly despise and distrust the other side. Our politics heading the way of the United States

2 Likes

Why?
What’s the worst that can happen?

Unfortunately for UK politics, I dont think either are anywhere near being in power Corbyn has played this whole process pathetically like the weak leader he is and the lib dems position themselves for whatever seems popular on Twitter at the time, they have alot of rebuilding from the 2010 coalition betrayal of their voters before they stand any chance. In my area I only ever get lib dems activists, as soon as they learn that we own our house they seem completely disinterested and just leave like legit all smiley and full of questions until that one and then okay well bye. It’s weird.

At this moment in time our political landscape is absolutely horrendous. Completely disinterested with every political party.

2 Likes

Agreed .

Mass loss of jobs and the loss of key companies in the finance sectors amongst other sectors way before Brexit has even happened.

The run on the pound, making everything more expensive

The fact a deal would be hard and impossible to do

The fact we wouldn’t put the EU membership money into the NHS and the fact we will still have to pay most of it to trade with them.

Brexit hasn’t even happened yet though

Also fun fact if there was a choice between - Stay in the EU or Leave without a Deal, 52% would stay, 43% would leave and 5% don’t no/undecided.

So the majority of the country don’t want a no deal Brexit.

1 Like

You realise we won’t be leaving on October 31st don’t you?

Where are you getting those stats from?

1 Like

The claims about what would happen post Brexit? Have they come through yet? Is that your question?

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-tomorrow-with-the-option-of-accepting-the-governments-brexit-agreement-or-leaving-the-eu-without-a-deal-which-would-you-support-2-3/

The poll before the referendum on that website has remain between 60 and 52% and leave at maximum of 38%.

I would never state a poll as a “fun fact” :wink:

Ian Blackford can fuck himself. Remoaner twat

If he and Nicola Sturgeon had as much energy for indyref 2 as they do for EUref 2

I think leavers are in for a big wake up call when we leave as reality hits home that we are not the power in the world they think we are.
We went in to the EU back in the 70s because it was becoming evident now they have to learn it all over again

There’s no way a comprehensive trade deal can be negotiated before this deadline

Even with an army of lawyers and negotiators, trade deals take ages to complete. Usually years.

Unless you make a lot of concessions…

1 Like

It’s part of his play towards a softer (perhaps much softer) Brexit. Concessions from our side will be forthcoming as BoJo sees a prime opportunity to veer back towards the centre.

One small consolation at least, how the ERG and Farage won’t have it all their own way. Maybe BoJo won too much of a majority for them, they’re no longer needed

2 Likes

This is exactly how I see it to be honest with you.

How will that play with the Tory base and new gains in the north? You wouldn’t set a hard date if you wanted a softer deal. I believe Boris is fully prepared to leave on WTO terms

I think Boris wants no deal to be a credible threat to force concessions from the EU. Parliament can’t stop the executive this time round

2 Likes

He needs to stay closely allined with the EU if we are to continue with free movement on trade. That how he will get the deal done. The fishermen will be thrown under the sub thow!

1 Like

But isn’t the no deal what Brexit hardliners wanted? To just gtfo by any means necessary because immigrants were wrecking the country?

1 Like