Boxing

Has this been the most exciting weekend of sport in a long fucking time?

1 Like

Looks like fight fans we are here again, whats gonna happen?, who you got Fury or Wilder? If ya buying the fight set your alarm for 4am like I said incase the fight starts early, usually Fury fights start at 5am (Enjoy)
Saturday 9, October 2021

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

TV Sat - BT Sport Box Office PPV

Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3

Robert Helenius vs Adam Kownacki
Efe Ajagba vs Frank Sanchez
Edgar Berlanga vs Marcelo Esteban Coceres
Jared Anderson vs Vladimir Tereshkin

The fight nobody wants to see but we’re being forced to endure.

Pretty much boxing in 2021.

5 Likes

Regardless people will tune in and watch. The other week was interesting, next week will be. Hopefully we get the big British battle one day - and if we don’t who do you blame, the fans?, a certain promoter?

Fury - AJ never happens now and it was never AJ’s fault. The same way Wilder turned down $100m from Hearn is the same way Fury and his team have actively avoided the AJ fight for years.

And now AJ doesn’t hold a belt and will likely pursue the Usyk rematch, we’ll probably never get jt.

Who wins out of Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua?

Impossible to say now. AJ seems deeply insecure and intent on proving he knows how to box. He’s a decent boxer, but his strengths lie in his power and physicality.

He also looks scared to take a punch in the aftermath of the Ruiz fight.

Saying that, AJ struggles with “smaller” heavyweights. Ruiz, Povetkin and Usyk were clearly his three hardest fights (outside of Klitschko).

Fury is a totally different fighter. He’s not particularly fast or powerful, and his chin holds question marks.

If you asked me prior to the Usyk fight who wins, AJ blasts him easy because Fury really isn’t that great a fighter and his career is heavily overhyped and people often overlook he’s a proven drug cheat too.

But now I am not so sure.

3 Likes

Don’t think big Josh is hungry anymore. He’s banked around £150 million which could would slow any fighter up and not perform. I see a BIG KO in the Fury vs Joshua fight - 1 to 7 rounds and its all over.

People saying the main event will take place at 2am UK time, does this sound accurate to everyone?

I can absolutely handle 2, but I’m too much of a sleepy sleepy boy for a 4am kickoff.

1 Like

Fury, hands down…He is the better boxer, the cleverer fighter, and has the confidence / arrogance that AJ is now clearly lacking.

Fury has always been superior for me, and I now think AJ is on a serious downslope…
Fury is the best heavyweight around at the present time, his fight against Usyk, if and when it happens, will be a tough test, but I expect Fury to be the winner…

1 Like

Hello Castiel

All boxing main events usually start at 10pm around the world, unless of course undercards fights finish early due to KO’s.

There’s a 7 hour time difference between the UK and Las Vegas which means (Las Vegas) time 10pm = 5am UK time the main event will start.

Hope that clears everything up for you.

1 Like

Thanks, guess I’m watching a repeat tomorrow

Would you advocate a manager change now for AJ.

Stroller I think maybe AJ is done for doesn’t make no difference changing trainers - and Eddie has signed AJ for LIFE (signed his life away) Seems to be alot of YES men around him aswell.

Sorry should of said trainer @SRCJJ

Wouldn’t make much difference when the issue is his own personal insecurities. Even his own team were telling him to fight and let his hands go but he’s dead set on trying to prove he’s a boxer when really and truly he’s got decent fundamentals but he’s not on the same stratosphere of skill level as someone like Usyk.

Don’t think he has the mentality either. Getting knocked out has fried his approach to fights. He’s scared to get hit and when that fear creeps it it’s almost irreversible. Mental game is more important than anything at the top level. AJ obviously isn’t physically shot but he might be mentally shot.

2 Likes

Any other outcome than fury schooling aj if they ever meet would surprise me.

Any one staying up for the big fight?

If so, PM a stream, pretty please :grin:

Is it not like 5am lol

Youd have been better going to bed earlier so you could wake up for it :joy: