Boxing

Really disapointing, was really looking forward to seeing Wilder getting battered again

When and if Fury v Joshua happens it’ll be past it’s sell buy date.
It’ll sell out but the fight it could of been will have gone.

4 Likes

If it happens next year I’d expect both to still be prime. It’s arguable that both are still improving. AJ learning lessons from his loss and Fury performing his new Kronk style

Disapointing all the same

2 Likes

Awful news. Heart goes out to the Eubank family

3 Likes

That’s really sad. There used to be a reality TV show about 20 years ago, show Eubank and his family, At Home With The Eubanks or something like that. I’m guessing he was the little kid who climbed up everything.

Doubt anything comes of it but a local boxer, who won the prizefighter tournament a few years back, is calling out De La Hoya :grin:

Boxing is becoming such a joke.

1 Like

Certainly is…I see David Haye is getting back into the ring as well…
It’s all old has beens and you tube fighters these days…
Ali, Tyson etc would be mortified…

The Tyson comeback was so exciting and the idea of a small league of legends having exhibitions fights and earning a decent living was a great idea.

The circus of MMA/boxers fighting, celebrities, YouTube personalities so just a fucking joke.

4 Likes

People talk about football being dead but wtf is boxing these days haha, sad times.

1 Like

When is someone going to fuck out this Jake Paul fuck 🤦

Tyron was in it purely for money to sustain his new expensive lifestyle. I’m disappointed but also not surprised about Woodley. He showed he had superior skills but never risked anything and wanted to secure the rematch for a second pay day. Trying to milk every dollar out of fighting Jake Paul and they might not even give him the rematch.

I did a quick search earlier and it said Woodley was getting about a half mil for the fight…surely he’s earned a lot more than that?

Sport is just entertainment. In the modern day, people dont want to wait 4 or 5 years for 2 of the best guys to actually fight each other.

Jake Paul builds hype and fights pretty regularly while the 3 top heavyweight guys have strung together a total of 2 fights between the 3 of them across 3 years or so.

Jake Paul sucks but in many ways, its partly boxing’s fault for taking so damn long to make things happen. It’s also why the UFC has grown so much, people want to see the top guys fight each other, not piss around and tell the media they’re the “A-side” and argue about purse splits instead of actually fighting.

2 Likes

I also think having one belt (not including the interim belt) per weight division is incredibly appealing to fans.

2 Likes

It’s a guarantee before PPV revenue is taking into account. After that, he’ll likely earn a couple million more.

Even the half million guarantee is as much as he ever earned in the UFC

1 Like

Good on Jake Paul. making the fights his fans want to see, giving them what they want.

You can decry him and other YouTubers all you want but when you see the stupid nonsense going on in the heavyweight division and these bottom feeding organisations throwing their weight around, you are being a purist for what?!

Top level boxing is such a ballache.

Anyone got any ideas on how they delegitimise boxing any further?

Oh, never mind.

It’s crazy how little this fight has been built up. I guess promoters have become concerned by all the cancellations and pullouts so didn’t take the risk of promoting heavily before fight week.

It could get very interesting tonight.

2 Likes