Boxing

Wilder’s true colours of arrogance came out after that loss. Mark Breland was a technical master from imo the best technical era of boxing. To throw him under the bus and scapegoat him when he was looking out for a beaten fighter was pretty horrible. And then it turns out he ignored Breland’s advice to work on the jab or work on the heavy bag. What an absolute moron. He also said he won the first Fury fight by knock out. So I hope Whyte beats him but I think Whyte’s too easy to hit. Maybe backing Wilder up will take away his punch though and Whyte can beat him up. It would be a knock out either way. Would Wilder even take the fight though? I tend to think he might go back to facing stiffs. If he even fights again. And then does Whyte risk his mandatory title status against Wilder? It’s a good fight though

I reckon you’re right that Ruiz will want to rack up some comeback fights before picking a 50-50. He can fight the winner of Fury-AJ after they face Whyte and whoever.

2 Likes
1 Like

My last post on here was meant to show that Fury has changed his negative perspective of nothing going on to positive after seeing the venue offers. Same with Joshua, here:

Hearns just been meeting with Fury’s uncle and is saying it’s close. Hearn from 10:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcmqsUOwvn0

1 Like

It’s been a while since I wanted a British fighter to win this much.

Fuck Canelo.

1 Like

Brutal from Alvarez. Sanders was doing well but Alvarez always had the tighter technical inside game and explosive power to turn up the pace. Those feints and timed shots looked scary after he had his man hurt.

2 Likes

Would you say Canelo is unbeatable?

No ones unbeatable. I haven’t really been following prospects to know if any up and comers are good enough. A third GGG fight should have happened by now too. Which allot of people, not myself, thought he lost.

With Saunders it was a bit of man and boy in there. Alvarez seriously hurt Saunders and Saunders could outbox him for a bit but never put a dent in him. You’re always in danger of being walked down when that’s the case

1 Like

The record will say different, but I think he lost both fights against GGG.

2 Likes

He’ll probably end up have a Mayweather like career now.

Mayweather was the Chelsea of boxing. Dull, beneficiary of good timing.

Ahhh this fight could have been a classic. Billy Joe was boxing beautifully and landing plenty after getting through the first few rounds. Such a shame the eye socket busted in that exchange. Canelo’s power makes shit happen out of nowhere.

The judges had Canelo several rounds ahead which I didn’t agree with.

2 Likes

Par for the course with a Canelo fight.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Joshua-Fury on for 14th August in Saudi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5dfR9-x5hI

1 Like

I wonder what will happen now.

Oh

This could take the form of Wilder being offered a financial sum to allow Fury-Joshua to take place

1 Like

That’s the likely outcome. There doesn’t seem much clamour for Fury v Wilder III.

An American judge ruling an American fighter should get a rematch! Who woulda thunk it :grin:

2 Likes

Well the contract was already signed for the rematch, and now his opponent has signed to fight someone else.

I’m not sure the judge had any option but to side with Wilder.