Boxing

According to some rumours floating around, Fury doesn’t want the Joshua fight right now and Usyk is pushing for the Joshua fight.

Would make sense, I don’t feel like Fury ever really wanted the AJ fight. He went from talking about knocking him out in 3 rounds with one hand to not wanting the fight.

Just like Wilder who turned down an £80m offer for the AJ fight and denied ducking him until later down the line where he admitted getting the offer.

AJ wipes them both.

Tyson on the fight and the division today. Hearn says allot of people need to sign off on Tyson’s side.

Tyson will outbox, outjab and out time AJ if and when it happens. AJ has a punchers chance

1 Like

Warren says it’s done in principle but now site fee has been arranged which is key to getting it finalised.

I don’t really care who wins tbh, I just think it’s a travesty if it doesn’t happen.

2 British heavyweights holding all the titles between them and they might not even fight in their prime :pensive:

2 Likes

What might put in the balance would be A) covid restrictions and the site fee or lack of it. B) Tyson having another one of his episodes. I think one of the rich Arab states are probably going to want to host it

1 Like

Contract signed according to Hearn.

I’m so excited for this. Wherever it is in the world I’ll do whatever it takes to get down there and watch it.

2 Likes

Heard Choc got robbed again. Classic boxing.

I had Gonzalez winning but I wouldn’t call it robbery. It was a war and a great fight but you don’t call a war a robbery if you ask me because those rounds are too open to scoring differences.

1 Like

Fair enough. One judge had it 117-111 though :bellerin:

Fight isn’t quite done yet

1 Like

They’re only waiting for a site so I don’t think it’ll be an issue. Saudi and Dubai are likely lining up with huge money to pump into the fight.

But the split has been agreed, the network and promoter negations are complete.

Hopefully, it happens.

A Middle East venue means a nice time for us to tune in, too :grin:

Rewatching Whitaker-Chavez tonight and it remains the worst decision in boxing history.

Holyfield-Lewis I isn’t far behind.

Boxing’s a corrupt sport and the judging is controlled by promoters who have a vested interest in the fighters. Unwritten rule that the money fighter gets the decision if it’s slightly close

2 Likes

Should really consider coming down into the 230s at the very least. I think his hand speed and skills will give him the advantage over a lot of heavyweights. Seems to have very good punch resistance too.

Very underrated though. People laugh at him because of his weight but the truth is he’s one of the more skilled heavyweights. I’d only really put Luiz Ortiz alongside him for pure technical boxing skills.

After the shape he came in for the Joshua rematch I never wanna see this guy again. When you watch that first fight and how they both looked compared to the second fight it’s painful.

If he can’t even take that fight seriously I don’t see how anyone can even trust him again. I vaguely remember seeing videos about him ignoring/abandoning his coaches too but that could be well off.

1 Like

Ruiz-Wilder or Ruiz-Whyte would be top draw fights I’d like to see. I think Ruiz would fancy Wilder after seeing what Fury did to him. Agreed with Ruiz’s skillset, he combines a tight defense with educated pressure with half steps that puts him in the perfect range to get his shots off while remaining ellusive. Holyfield said he felt his time was up after sparring Ruiz although he was probably 50 at the time.

Hearns talking about making Wilder-Whyte though. So Ruiz would be left without a dance partner as Usyk’s meant to be fighting Joyce. He’s given himself the problem that he’s incredibly dangerous without being a huge draw. Maybe he can fight Ortiz or fight Parker again.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. I’d honestly love to see Ruiz-Wilder but I’m more keen on Whyte-Wilder. I think Ruiz needs to redeem himself after the 30lbs weight gain for the second Joshua fight and he needs to find some consistency.

The perfect 2021 for me on the heavyweight scene would be:

Joshua-Fury I and II
Usyk-Joyce
Wilder-Whyte
Ruiz-Parker II (good shout on this. The first fight was close and both need a big win)