Boxing

Dubois will never amount to anything. He quit. He has no heart whatsoever.

I hate to write off a fighter after a loss but I can’t see anyway that he can return from this with any degree of confidence.

He got beaten by a Euro level fighter with a decent jab. He had no hope of progressing to a world level.

1 Like

I think that’s a little harsh, his eye was pretty shut and he could have some serious retina damage. It could of been a TKO in some fights. He’s also only 23 and Haye and Wlad had similar type of losses around that age. It was painful to watch because he didn’t have any idea how to slip or parry a jab and his eye kept getting stabbed in the eye with the jab. If he’s intelligent enough to go away and work on jab slipping and countering he can come back from this. Also I reckon the Joyce of last night would have the beating of Whyte.

1 Like

He finally quit in the seventh, but in reality he had quit long before then. I called it. You could see it in his eyes when he went back to his corner each time.

He’s young enough to bounce back from this, but he definitely needs a change in his coaching.

They never did. Wlad got knocked out because he had problems with his chin and stamina. And Haye got knocked out for the same reasons.

Dubois got broken by an average heavyweight jab and exposed for not really have any heart.

Wallah I’m in tears :rofl: this came up on my YouTube recommendations this morning as I was waking up and I was not ready

Think the guy who made the video was in tears too for a completely different reason.

Mike Tyson vs. Jones Jr did 1.2 million PPV buys. That’s an incredible figure.

Just goes to show that the legend of Tyson will likely never fade.

2 Likes

Sad to see the kind of Circus act clown shows with YouTube personalities this sport has been reduced to.

All because of petty promoters and sanctioning bodies.

Can’t wait for the big KSI Vs Floyd Mayweather superfight!!!

Then in the winter, Tyson Fury Vs Shaquille O’Neal. Amazing

3 Likes

It really hasn’t. People don’t really care about combat sports be it boxing, mma or whatever. People care about spectacle.

Ali and that Japanese wrestler all them years ago.

The issue being it’s not longer a spectacle when it’s done to this frequency.

1 Like

But that is because we/people keep buying and paying attention to those pay-per-views. Mayweather is doing this for a 3rd time because we are making it worth his while.

Question rather should be: Canelo is fighting in a little over a week. Why doesn’t get that the same attention as these exhibitions?

Probably because Canelo has the personality of a turnip.

1 Like

Exactly. He’s one of the greater current Champs, but since he doesn’t offer a lot besides people don’t care. Don’t care for the sport.

I don’t consider him a great, because I had him losing both of his fights with Golovkin, who he now avoids like the plague.

But regardless, I do see your point about personality. I also think people in general just like a spectacle, and the sillier the spectacle, the more attractive it is :slight_smile:

MMA is only growing. Sure it still may not do the numbers boxing can at its best but Khabib Ferguson was going to be huge if it happened. Khabibs last fight was pretty major too.

And people care about boxing too, of the fights are good.

And most people think his biggest wins were robberies.

Of course that is another issue with boxing. That was a huge fight people really wanted to see, but shitty judge decisions completely shat on anyone who cared.

So that’s 3 things making a mockery of this sport. And so the logical conclusion is this WWE scripted style nonsense because it might as well be.

2 Likes

Boxing just has too many titles, too many shit head promoters and way too many people scared to lose their 0 because of the Mayweather curse.

1 Like

While there is corruption in boxing that was a close fight. Fans that had GGG prefered his aggression but Alvarez was landing more accurately and showing the better defense.

GGG won the first fight and I’m not even sure it’s possible to score it any other way.

3 Likes