Boxing

I agree. Whenever Dubois steps on the gas it’s seeming to hurt himself more than Joyce.

1 Like

Dubois looks like he wants out of there.

It will be interesting if this goes to points, as each time the commentators say that Dubois has won the round, I’m thinking…hmmmm, I’m not so sure…Joyces jabs are keeping him in front for me…

1 Like

Joyce beginning to enjoy this now. Horrible last 10 seconds in that round for DD.

2 Likes

Good win, and a good fight

1 Like

Joke ting

2 Likes

Hope none of u stayed up to watch that fight :joy::joy:

ahh not even that fussed it was two 50 year olds what can you expect. It was just nice for boxing nostalgia seeing these guys work hard and show the faintest glimpses of their old selves to put on a spar. The post fight interview was hilarious. Looks like they’re trying to hold more of these “Legends League” charity exhibitions.

Why do some boxing fans get so upset and angry by exhibitions? Like chill it’s for fun, it dosnt mean anything.

What I did learn, is that I want Snoop commentating on boxing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just caught up on Joyce-Dubois. Reminded me of Watson-Benn. I do enjoying seeing foundamentals and a superior defense pick apart an athletically superior boxer.

Dubois needs to go back to the drawingboard, work constantly on his defense and get some good sparring. If he can’t massively improve his defense and set up his shots better he won’t go very far.

1 Like

Jones needs Tyson’s steroids

After watching both fights, I would fancy Tyson against both Dubois and Joyce… He certainly wouldn’t look out of place!

2 Likes

It was nice to see Mike back in the ring. He moved better than he did in his final fight vs. McBride.

I think the most impressive thing about last night is the fact Mike hasn’t fought in 15 years, ballooned in weight, struggled with addiction and depression so to see him get back down to his prime weight of around 220lbs and move the way he did was nice to see.

He clearly won though lol

2 Likes

No chance, very different prospect being forced to fight 3 minutes a round at a high pace by a Super Heavy, than it is to have a hugathon with a shot to pieces ex-middleweight.

Sort of agree, but lets be honest, Dubois v Joyce was hardly a very high pace…Think Tyson may have coped… :boxing_glove:

Joyce’s constant jab in the face hurts allot more than most would think. I mean he essentially made Dubois quit with it. it was very clever boxing from Joyce

There’s a reason why they fought 2 minute rounds too. It was because Tyson wasn’t fit enough to box for 3 minutes, Jones wanted 3 minute rounds.

Again, I do agree, I thought Joyce fought a very good fight, and deserved the win, without a doubt…

1 Like

I did feel bad for Dubois. He could really do with an Emmanuel Steward, RIP, to fix the holes in his game.