Boxing

AJ is calling out Fury post Franklin fight.

AJ fight is basically the only other fight anyone would want to watch Fury in right now. The Joyce fight has minor appeal but there isn’t a bigger fight in the heavyweight division than Fury-AJ or Fury-Usyk.

Get it done Fury. AJ or Usyk are the only two fights that make sense.

lol Hearn and Joshua are just using Fury’s name to sell the Franklin fight.

1 Like

I’ve got a bad feeling Eddie is going to try and push the Whyte rematch on AJ. It’s a fight NOBODY wants to see. Do not give it to us. We do not want it.

Joshua is 33- he does not have time for a long rebuild when he fights twice a year at most.

chase the Fury fight next or fight Joyce. Do not give us Whyte II.

1 Like

Not a great performance but Franklin made that fight really really ugly. Lot of holding, coming in with his head low.

1 Like

Glad he got the win.

Let’s see if coward Fury keeps running from him as well.

The generation of heavyweights could have given us so many more iconic fights if this business wasn’t so pathetic.

We got Wilder Fury which were great.

But where’s Fury Joshua, Joshua Wilder which would have been huge in the US during their prime.

Made me fall out of love with boxing this constant squandering.

1 Like

Yessir

1 Like

Whyte VS Joyce and AJ vs Wilder hopefully but Joyce might think that he’s jumped above a Whyte fight now.

It’s funny because RJJ had a reputation in the 90s for being scared to lose as well lol.

Not that he never took risks. But he definitely fought too many bums in the 90s.

1 Like

Bars from Roy Jones

@SRCJJ I dunno about Roy Jones because he was before my time but I remember a lot of people (including me) criticised Floyd Mayweather a lot for picking and choosing fights and fighting guys at the wrong time, esp Pacquiao.

But he was miles ahead of these current bums. Fought Marquez, Mosely, Cotto, DLH and that doesn’t include his earlier career

Floyd is a big part of the decline of boxing. He popularised the 0 and spent forever denigrating fighters who lost and that’s a big reason fighters are hesitant to take risks now. He bred a culture in boxing about how losing made you a bum and the growth of social media exposed fighters to a lot of BS from fans of the sport.

You lose and suddenly you’ve been “exposed” or you’re a “bum”

4 Likes

Other than Khabib, there isn’t a single fighter in MMA/Boxing that I’ve enjoyed watching that didn’t have a L on their record.

1 Like

I propose your status as a Welshman be revoked for the lack of respect put on Joe Calzaghe’s name :stuck_out_tongue:

I hang my head in shame at forgetting Joe :frowning:

The notion of Floyd ducking big fights is one of the biggest fallacies in modern sport. He fought everybody. He fought World Champions to unify and he was in title fight after title fight.

He would have smoked Manny if they fought earlier. People forget that the version of Floyd who schooled Manny was a few years older, had serious damage to his hands and shoulders.

He was a pioneer for boxers not a hindrance to boxing. Floyd promoted himself and stopped being under the control of money - hungry promoters.

RJJ in his prime is probably the greatest fighter I’ve seen. If he didn’t go up to heavyweight and mess up his system, don’t think he’d have lost a fight at middle or super middle.

Shame the prick avoided proving this and instead prolonged it til they were past their prime, but especially for Pacquaio more than him. Mayweather absolutely swerved Pacman for fucking years lol, he absolutely was tactical about when he was willing to have that fight. Absolutely did not want it in Pacman’s prime.

Keep hearing similar rhetoric from the few Fury fans willing to defend him with their chest out. “He’d batter that little cruiserweight Usyk, he’d easily handle that bodybuilder AJ”. Fury has basically literally said this same shit himself. Ok, prove it, stop expecting us to take you at your word lol.

1 Like

I know styles make fights but Manny wss knocked out by Marquez and got two robbery decisions to the same guy Floyd took to school.

The notion that Floyd vs Manny was an even fight is crazy to me.

Yes, they should have fought earlier but everything points to that being worse for Manny if he fought a prime Floyd.

The Fury and Floyd comparison isn’t even close to being accurate.

When was Pacquiao’ prime? And who did he beat during their prime that you believe showed he was ready for Floyd out of interest?

Didn’t see the fight but the reports about AJ’s performance not surprising if accurate. Shell shocked ever since the Andy Ruiz fight and won’t regain that aggressive confidence he had before then.

1 Like

See the thing is, I didn’t compare them as people or fighters, I was comparing the rhetoric I hear from Fury’s fans to what you said about how Mayweather would have smoked Pacquaio. Given I have heard/seen plenty of Fury fans saying he’d smoke Usyk/AJ etc, the comparison I made, not the one you seem to think you read, is perfectly accurate.