BOOZE

Fuck I didn’t even notice that. Perils of having an American girlfriend.

Goes both ways, she’s started using British terminology for loads of stuff now even when she’s in the US.

Swings and roundabouts I guess

Was starting to question your continued residence in our country, buts that’s much better. Good, solid, honest British phrasing.

2 Likes

Pepsi Max FTW. Drink a litre of it per day.

2 Likes

There’s no sugar in it so this is perfectly healthy.

1 Like

Since we’re just discussing poncy soft drinks I’ll get this back on the hardcore drinkers track.

I found some peaches in the cupboard yesterday so whipped up some Bellinis. They were very nice.

2 Likes

Do what I do when it is at its worst:

wait until you have the evening to yourself, make yourself comfy in front of the computer, dim the lights, put on some RnB on low volume and then open a private tab in your browser and start off by googling “chocolate cake 4k”, “dessert competitions 2019” and “hi res pastry” and from there just fucking go where the night takes you, fly free my friend, but whatever you do don’t go after pictures from the Valrhona chocolate chef competition (Valrhona C3), if you do you are on your own - you have been warned.

2 Likes

Did you have a variant of Coke in the U.K. called Bolt? Must’ve been 15 years ago, or so. Anyway, their slogan was “All the sugar, twice the caffeine” - never tried it. Sort of a forerunner to Red Bull, etc. It wasn’t around for long.

1 Like

Never had Pepsi Max but Coke Zero is pretty damn good.

2 Likes

Pepsi Max is definitely worth a try, so much better than Coke Zero to be honest.

Pepsi Max is the King of Diet Soft Drinks.

1 Like

You tried Pepsi Max Raspberry yet?

My lord :giroud2:

1 Like

I’ve had the cherry one and it’s good in small amount but, I know this sounds silly, it’s a bit too synthetic tasting for my liking lol

1 Like

Apart from the water for its wetness, it’s all a load of chemicals.

1 Like

I don’t normally drink soda but when I do I just say fuck it and go for the real thing. But I only drink Coke from Mexico because they still produce it there and use real sugar cane, not the high fructose corn syrup poison. Otherwise I just stick to sparkling water because I do need bubbles and a carbonated drink of some sort when I’m eating food to settle my stomach.

2 Likes

A bit aggressive on the 8.5% but a welcome treat

5 Likes

Nah this really got me. Those poor lonely pints :frowning_face:

3 Likes

I can see you need to go on some sort of rescue mission.

1 Like

This is how I feel about literally all sugar free/reduced sugar drinks which are supplemented with artificial sweeteners.
I think I must have different tastebuds to most people, every sugar free drink I’ve ever had has a horrible artificial aftertaste to me…

Also “full fat” in relation to sugary drinks is one of my pet peeves, (although I guess the sugar will eventually turn into fat in your body) :joy: :laca2:

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. I don’t drink fizzy soft drinks all that much, but when I do its definitely not a diet or zero version, I’d rather just have a glass of water lol

Pepsi Max imo is the gold standard on delivering fake flavour. It doesn’t taste like a shit version of Pepsi like diet pepsi/coke and zero do, it tastes like it’s own thing entirely.

Thanks to Jamie cunt Oliver most full fat drinks are crap anyway. I can’t handle an Irn Bru anymore and it used to be my favourite concoction of deadly chemicals.

2 Likes

Irn Bru :nauseated_face:

No offense @Calum