BOOZE

Had it last year it’s drinkable but it’s got a distinctive taste from other beers haha

1 Like

I’ve been primarily drinking Hell’s the last few weeks. Not super common over here but my god it’s lovely, like the only thing linked to Arsenal that doesn’t consistently disappoint.

1 Like

Defo. Very pale aley, I like! 5% a bit too aggressive for home drinking though haha.

1 Like

Nothing like a midweek cold one after a 30 degree day at work

5 Likes

Bit early for that mate only 7:45 am here :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Also, it doesn’t look like it’s in a plastic cup with a lid

3 Likes

425ml straight from some pub, can’t remember when or how.

1 Like

This year I’ve absorbed more alcohol via my hands than via my mouth.

3 Likes

Peak time in Scotland no?

Not sure if anybody is interested, but Beer52 have an offer whereby you pay delivery of £5.95 and get 10 beers, some random magazine and a couple of snacks. Clearly they’re skimming a bit off that delivery charge but not a bad deal for 10 craft type beers that hopefully I’ve never tasted or heard of before.

Anyway, use code AW4. Just ordered a case myself. It’s not coming until Dec 28th but I’m fine with that.

Just remember to cancel your subscription after the free offer otherwise it’s like £29 per month.

2 Likes

I signed up to them with this deal but it’s a bit cheeky, tried to cancel the subscription as soon as I’d ordered but it said “come back here in X days to cancel”
Went back on the account X days later and it said “cancellations only accepted by phone”.
So then you had to ring up, bit of a faff but at the end of the day it’s cheap beer so :+1:

2 Likes

Ah appreciate the heads up. But you’re spot on, free beer is free beer. If I can be arsed (or remember) I’ll post my thoughts on the beers. Hopefully there’s a couple of stouts or porters in there.

1 Like

Yeah, and when you call up to cancel be prepared for them to give you the hard sell lol. Perfectly friendly though so can’t knock the hustle.

@Sol you should be able to send four or five friends a free crate, obvs contingent on them signing up to a dd, but an entire free crate really is a good deal. Though maybe they stopped with that offer I dunno, it was back in the summer when I gave a few out to mates.

2 Likes

Jakey buying votes here blatantly. @shamrockgooner

1 Like

I didn’t offer anyone anything mate, was all past tense haha

1 Like

I just sent a slightly moany e-mail which got me out of of phoning up :joy:

I understand why they do it like that from a business point of view, they can’t be making any money from the sign up deals themselves only when people keep the subscription going.

Got mine this morning, really interesting selection of beers from around the world.

It’s a shame they can’t be more competitive than £2.80 per beer, as craft beer from the supermarket can be had for less than half of that. If they could get near £1.50 a beer I’d probably continue.

I’ll actually call up, say I want either want to cancel or ask if they’ll do £120 for 90 beers a month. Which is more than I’d pay in a supermarket.

Staropramen. I love this stuff that and Birra Moretti. Had both in Tesco early this morning for quite a reasonable price.

2 Likes

My brother got me this for my birthday. Excited!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Still yet to open it though.

3 Likes

I looked at those the other day, been thinking about it since summer :rofl: