Booing

Wenger was doing his job proper fine until his last two season, so i saw no point in booing.
He had a squad & finances for top 4 and he achieved that.

Yeah back the fuck off you illiterate swine

Ui!

I’ve never booed any of our players at a match but I have no problem with anyone else doing it.
I have also never complained in a restaurant either.
If I don’t like the food or the service I just won’t go back.

The difference with supporting a football club is that you can’t swap your team for a different one, you are stuck with them, so if booing makes a difference, then why not?

If you don’t express your dissatisfaction, all you get in return is complacency and a lack of urgency.
Something our board need no encouragement in.

3 Likes

I don’t care how it makes our fanbase look. Like there’s any difference between our fans or other teams. Give me one club who’s fans wouldn’t protest or ventilate if given the same farce to watch week in week out?

5 Likes

I was saying Boo-urns

5 Likes

Exactly.
Just imagine Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea supporters tolerating the nonsense we’ve had to put up with in recent seasons.

From Wenger, Gazidis, Kroenke and then Emery, how much are we supposed to tolerate?
Even spurs supporters want Pochettino out, and he’s the best manager they’ve had since they last won the League title, which was only filmed in black and white, and he’s only had a few poor games.

If supporters had done nothing after Xhaka’s disgraceful behaviour, we should be asking the question: If there had been no booing, then why not?

There is no other area of business or retail where, if you get a substandard product, the person complaining gets criticised, rather than the person giving poor service.

2 Likes

Is it okay for fans to boo?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

There needs to be more passion and animation in the crowd not less.

Ordinarily this means really getting behind the team.

However when things are consistently bad for a long time (and I do mean a long time) this will mean showing displeasure where it is due to help motivate change.

Back in the early 80’s when I was first a season ticket holder it was not uncommon for the crowd to do this. We even used to have chants of

We want Hill-Wood out
We want Hill-Wood out

This isn’t a new phenomenon at all.

Xhaka has been poor for very long and hasn’t took ownership for his repeated blunders. The fans pay for him to have his 100k a week and given Xhaka’s failure to own his shit their entitled to give him stick

4 Likes

The whole hassling his wife and sending him death threats are wrong.

But for me he’s open to criticism and has been deserving of it for a long time. He’s just not good enough and to make him Captain was the silliest decision ever made. Emery and players must have known the fans wouldn’t have been happy.

3 Likes

I think Xhaka has been less than the player we need and at times he’s been very poor indeed. However I do think a lot of the strength of invective aimed at him is about more than just him and about the situation in general, frustration at the manager who keeps picking him and so forth.

Some abuse (and that’s what it is when we’re talking about death threats and targeting his wife) is well beyond what’s acceptable and can’t just be dismissed flippantly. On the human level, I sympathise with him, which is not to defend him as a footballer at all. To fail to condemn the abuse is to lend weight to a perception of our club as lacking in class, and would justify perceiving our fans as amongst the worst in the league.

3 Likes

When you get to the point that Xhaka is at you either throw your toys or you slap your dick in the fan’s faces and play like a fucking captain of a major club. At some point the manager and the board don’t matter and it’s down to the players kicking the ball. Xhaka chose to throw his toys. It’s all I needed to see to know he’s a pussy.

They’re talking about this on Sky Sports News right now.

Tony Gale can be an articulate son of a bitch when he wants to be

A landslide. 17 votes for yes and 2 for no.

This was probably the only time fans got a chance to boo Xhaka as he doesn’t tend to get substituted often, so I see no issue with him getting booed.

1 Like

I don’t think our supporters are any worse than any other club.
Chelsea, Man U, spurs and Liverpool all have elements of support far worse than ours.

There is no way the supporters of those clubs would tolerate the mediocrity from the managers, players and board that we have had to watch, for so long.

A player as consistently poor, arrogant and mentally weak as Xhaka, either gets booed or tolerated, and there is only so much that any supporter can put up with when spending most of their income watching that nonsense every game.

He isn’t a very good footballer, he doesn’t lead by example and he is the worst captain we’ve seen in an Arsenal shirty and by not booing we are just encouraging Emery to keep picking him.

1 Like

This was coming, him being made captain was a silly decision. He’s loved by players but they must have known he’s a split opinion type of player for fans. His stupid arrogant interviews after matches don’t help him and his shoddy decision in matches especially in the Brighton game last season and Spurs game this year, don’t help him at all.

I don’t like how some fans are painting him like he’s a victim in all this. Xhaka has a lot of blame in why fan’s booed his ass off. He’s a arrogant little git at times, the man is no angel.

What drives me nuts is the view point from some fans online that booing will somehow cost the club in the future.

I’m a regular listen to the Arsenal Vision Post Match podcast and Clive (who appears on there and has also appeared on Arsecast) was way up on his high horse about this. He kept saying that the booing would cost the club in the future. Bull. Shit.

Players like playing at clubs with nice facilities and Arsenal has those. Players like playing at clubs in big cities and Arsenal is in a big city. Players like playing at clubs that pay way and Arsenal pays well. Arguably the biggest thing holding us back is that players like to play with other great players and with good coaches. Guys like Xhaka, Mustafi, Sead are not at the level required to be starters on this team. Unai is not at the level required to be a successful coach with this team. That’s what’s holding us back.

To think that the fans booing a player who has been playing like shit, who was obviously walking off slowly to make it all about him and who antagonized the crowd would have some impact on a potential transfer target is just ludicrous and overestimates the way modern players likely think about supporters.

It comes back to this weird obsession people like Clive and James (aka Gunnerblog) have with self flagellation. “Oh we’re so terrible. Our support is so toxic. We’re going to pay a price for this. Blah blah blah.”

You think Barcelona supporters give two shits about whistling players who aren’t playing well? No, they don’t. If a player can’t take that kind of pressure, they aren’t up to scratch. Same goes for Juventus, Madrid, Bayern and etc.

8 Likes

This is true

1 Like

The responsibility lies with the players who are all told not to engage in a negative confrontation with the fans. Xhaka was upset having to be sub but that’s part of the game and he needs to accept it. If he has a problem he needs to talk to the manager privately.
Xhaka is an emotional player and that shows in his rash tackling at times, it a problem he needs to control but still have desire to win balls. It’s not an easy balance but it one the best player achieve.

This is all at Emery’s feet. He created this environment. He chose Xhaka as captain. He can’t setup, motivate, or coach this team in an effective manner. He is the problem. Not Xhaka. I understand why the fans got angry, the captain is taking his sweet time moping off when we’re chasing a go ahead goal. I understand why Xhaka got angry, he’s been doing his best and then the fans start booing him, he’s a new dad so he’s tired, and very likely he’s frustrated with his own performance. Not condoning what he did, but I do understand it.

Emery has no excuses. He sees the same thing we see week in and week out. He’s the only one with the power to change it, and yet he sticks with the same cowardly tactics. The definition of insanity?

3 Likes